The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

New Montegrappa Nazionale Flex

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 novelli

novelli

Novelli Pens

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 13:02

Finally Montegrappa produced a pen with a flexible nib, the Nazionale.

2141206456.jpg

“Nazionale” is a model name that was a part of the Elmo catalogue, from the late 1930s. It oozes with Art Deco attitude, its colours evoking the era with exquisite tints and shadings. Now highly collectible, the Nazionale has inspired Montegrappa to revive it with a key feature not available eight decades ago.

nazionale.jpg

Nazionale returns, visually remaining entirely faithful to the original style, with this limited edition being produced in Marble Green celluloid, precisely as it was in the 1930s. The pen’s design is enriched with black resin details on its junctions and blind cap, the material being the superior modern substitute for ebonite, made without sacrificing the correct “look.” Trim is necessarily in Sterling Silver. Its mid-section metal ring is engraved with the brand logo, while the pocket clip ends up with a decorative teardrop element, augmenting the vintage feel.

Montegrappa-Nazionale-Flex-01.jpg

What has changed is the nib, the most crucial functioning part of any pen, to ensure that its “write-ability” matches the expectations of the modern user. The new Nazionale, to be known as the Nazionale Flex, is so-named because it is fitted with a flexible nib that allows different types of hand-writing and calligraphic experiences to be performed with the same writing instrument by simply applying more pressure to the nib.

For enhanced flexibility, the nib is made of 14k gold, and will be made available only in the grades of Extra Fine and Fine, as it accomplishes the rest on its own, according to how it is applied. The nib’s cut-out shoulders offer comfortable curving, for an enhanced writing experience. Also in keeping with the era during which the Nazionale was born, which predates cartridges, this fountain pen’s filling system is piston-only.

Montegrappa-Nazionale-Flex-02.jpg

Due to severely limited remaining quantities of the material that forms the Nazionale’s cap and body, Montegrappa will issue only 100 Extra Fine and 100 Fine Nazionale fountain pens. Its collectability is therefore assured
Considering the extremely limited numbers of pieces available worldwide we have already opened the reservations.
For more details please CLICK HERE or CONTACT ME
Marco

Edited by novelli, 08 November 2017 - 16:35.

visit us at Novelli.it

Sponsored Content

#2 novelli

novelli

Novelli Pens

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 10:49

I've just received the Nazionale Flex,

Montegrappa-Nazionale-Flex-02.jpg

Interesing nib solution, to make it really flexible

Montegrappa-Nazionale-Flex-03.jpg

What do you think?

Marco

Novelli.it

visit us at Novelli.it

#3 lterry

lterry

Italian Celluloid

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 16:03

How does the size compare to say a Pelikan M800 or Visconti Homo Sapien?

"Giving power and money to politicians is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
P.J. O'Rourke

#4 novelli

novelli

Novelli Pens

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 14:08

Here a good writing example of EF nibs, I hope it helps.

scrittura.jpg

Regards,

Marco

Novelli.it

visit us at Novelli.it

#5 Ink_Chick

Ink_Chick

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 December 2017 - 04:28

Hmmm... was hoping to see more line variation. How does it write? Glassy smooth? Bit of bite? Toothy? Hint of scratchy? Something else?

#6 novelli

novelli

Novelli Pens

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 18:34

Hmmm... was hoping to see more line variation. How does it write? Glassy smooth? Bit of bite? Toothy? Hint of scratchy? Something else?

I wasn't pushing for a better comparison with the other EF nibs but I assure you it can have a good line variation. I would define it "Glassy smooth". Please contact me for any further detail,

Marco

Novelli.it

visit us at Novelli.it

#7 sdbruder

sdbruder

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 December 2017 - 17:44

How much it costs?

#8 novelli

novelli

Novelli Pens

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 11:43

How much it costs?

the Italian Suggested retail price list is euro 902 VAT net or 1.100 VAT included, I'm going to contact you privately for a personalized offer

visit us at Novelli.it

Sponsored Content

|