Hello From Pakistan

mobinh

Hello, My name is Mobin Haque. I'm from Rawalpindi, Pakistan... and I am really happy to be a member of this forum.

I've just developed an interest in writing about two months ago after almost 26-28 years now. I don't consider this current pursuit a hobby or obsession. That, for me, is wet/classic shaving and other pursuits. I am not as interested in pens or inks as I am in the act of writing, transferring thought to paper, in an elegant manner. So, as I begin to settle into this rather satisfying interest, I plan on keeping my urges in check. Because in the past, after my 50th brush and the 100th razor, the ritual of shaving kinda lost its meaning for me so I got rid of a lot of them.
So, having said that... I have given away a lot of rather nice pens throughout the years because I had no interest in them so I am starting from scratch now. I have a budding collection at the moment. A Sheaffer 440... The first pen I bought was a Pilot Metropolitan M. My only Japanese F is a Preppy. Two rather decent Luoshi Lami clones, A Jinhao 750 shimmering sands, a Wing Sung 6359, a Baoer 801, and a Jinhao 599, plenty of Dollar 717 demos for mad science experiments. A Faber-Castell Loom M and a TWSBI Eco F are on the way from Cult Pens. I have been very lucky with the Chinese pens so far. Only a few required the most minor adjustment. It's the Dollar demos that give me the most grief. I'm still trying to find my ideal line width so I cast a somewhat wider net, I think. I don't have a grail in sight as of now but I plan on buying the Lamy 2000 as my first $100+ pen because I'm a big fan of Neil Gaiman.
In inks, Plenty of Dollars, Pelikan red, blue, green, black, blue-black... both new, NOS and ancient. Some Diamine inks are also on the way.
In paper, I have settled on Navigator Presentation 100gsm. It's got a nice heft, fairly good feather and bleed resistance. Further more, luckily, good and reasonably priced paper is not that hard to find here. Some Rhodia paper is also on order.
What I love about this new habit... Obviously the elaborate ritual of it, a bit like the Japanese tea ceremony. But also, it helps clear my mind of all the bad thoughts I gather throughout the day by transferring them or, using a rather crude term, regurgitating them onto paper. I find it very cathartic.
So, this is me. I would love to make some pen pals here. Really looking forward to that. Also, almost everything I know about pens, inks and papers, I've learnt it here on this forum so thank you all very much for this excellent community.
Edited by mobinh

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobinh

• mitto

• Wolverine1

• Wahl

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell.

Thank you, Jim

Hello and welcome from Baton Rouge, Louisiana...Enjoy your time here

Thank you, Thomas

Edited by mobinh

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! Glad to have you as a member!!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Welcome to our little corner of the universe from a pen user in San Diego.

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! Glad to have you as a member!!

Thank you, PAKMAN. Glad to be here.

Welcome to our little corner of the universe from a pen user in San Diego.

Thank you, OCART.

Hello Mobin and welcome to FPN, from Cape Town, South Africa.

I thoroughly enjoyed your introduction.

In January this hear I bought a very beautiful Boker straight razor in Lucerne, Switzerland. I haven't used it yet - I think I'm a bit scared of it still - but nevertheless, its a beautiful tool to look at, much like my small fountain pen collection, from which I derive much pleasure.

Enjoy your new hobby and write with joy.

To sit at one's table on a sunny morning, with four clear hours of uninterruptible security, plenty of nice white paper, and a [fountain] pen - that is true happiness!

- Winston Churchill

Hello Mobin and welcome to FPN, from Cape Town, South Africa.

I thoroughly enjoyed your introduction.

In January this hear I bought a very beautiful Boker straight razor in Lucerne, Switzerland. I haven't used it yet - I think I'm a bit scared of it still - but nevertheless, its a beautiful tool to look at, much like my small fountain pen collection, from which I derive much pleasure.

Enjoy your new hobby and write with joy.

Thank you. That is a fine razor acquisition. You'll enjoy it. A razor's gentle caress is a sensation few enjoy nowadays or have time for.

Welcome aboard, Mobin, from Charleston, South Carolina. I also enjoyed your introduction, which was well judged and written.

Mike

Edited by Herrjaeger

Welcome aboard, Mobin, from Charleston, South Carolina. I also enjoyed your introduction, which was well judged and written.

Mike

Mobin is a lawyer but argues his cases in poetry. :)

Khan M. Ilyas

:W2FPN: :)

Mobin-Sahib, welcome, and you have joined a group where people appreciate the art of actually writing with a fountain pen.

I am Indian, but, my Mausi is married to a gentleman who is originally from Bhawalpur, and they now live in Lahore.

-Sid

Mike

Thank you, Mike.