Morastylos

georges zaslavsky

Good evening

Once again a pleasant and positive experience by buying my pen this time through the internet from Mora Stylos, found the rare unusual pen at the right price. I have been a client of Mr Mora for more than 11 years and have never been disappointed. He is a very very long time in the business and likes his clientele.

Most of my collection of fountain pens comes from his shop.

If any of you are in Paris, don't hesitate to visit him.

Best regards

Georges

Edited by georges zaslavsky

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zaddick

• Seney724

• Azuniga

• mauckcg

I just had my first experience with him and it was a pleasure. I bought one of my grail pens, an Oldwin Arco Verde.

Terrific pen.

the Danitrio Fellowship

I have had the same kind of experience and I have found treasures with him for long time, it is a good time and the right place to wish him the best...

A good and people pen shop. I just wish the site was also available in English instead of having to translate. Still, I am a satisfied customer.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

• 4 months later...

Hi Folks,

I am looking to add an Oldwin to my collection. What is the best way to reach Mr Mora?

Thanks,

Aj

You can just go to the website. All the in stock Olwin pens are listed.

I visited Monsieur Mora's shop once in 2014 and found him a touch introverted. Perhaps it was his reluctance to speak English, while I speak no French? But he stands behind his products. I recently had to change the feed on my Oldwin bought in 2014 and he graciously obliged, covering the return shipping fees on his side.

• 1 year later...

Little bit of thread necromancy. I've been looking at some of their offerings and there are a few that look interesting. Given its a family owned shop in France, is there much of a language barrier buying from the US?

Little bit of thread necromancy. I've been looking at some of their offerings and there are a few that look interesting. Given its a family owned shop in France, is there much of a language barrier buying from the US?

Check out this terrific thread:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/311056-oldwin-art-deco-ciel-dorage/page-2?hl=oldwin

See, especially, on page 2 FPN member "dms525" post of 12/9/16. It walks you through the ordering process.

You can't go wrong with these pens. They are "simple" yet magnificent with truly superior craftsmanship and finishing. And, priced right for what you acquire. Unlike a lot of other high end stuff which has appeared on the market over the past couple of years.

Elsewhere on FPN there has been an ongoing discussion about Arco celluloid now that Omas is no more. In my opinion, the only non-Omas Arco (Bronze or Verde) FP worth owning is in an Oldwin Classic. I was lucky enough to get mine from Morastylos a couple of years ago (when they had a version done in Tibaldi Impero celluloid, too!) and I think the Store has long since depleted their supply. However they have loads of other magnificent pens, some still in old Omas celluloid.

You will have no problem with a language barrier.........

In short, no. With Chrome browser you can translate the page. In addition, Mr. Mora reads, writes, and speaks English. No issues with my multiple orders. And if you are in the US you can deduct VAT by dividing the price by 1.21.

In short, no. With Chrome browser you can translate the page. In addition, Mr. Mora reads, writes, and speaks English. No issues with my multiple orders. And if you are in the US you can deduct VAT by dividing the price by 1.21.

Time to watch the Dollar vs Euro

• 3 weeks later...

Very unpleasant people in this shop. Prices are incredibly high, so the less they can do is to be nice. And as I'm french, it's not a problem of language.

About a year and a half ago I attempted to order one of the Oldwins in the Verde Arco. It took me a while to realize on the site that it had been sold.

I watched it like a hawk over the next couple of months to see if another one was made available. As soon as I saw that he had made another one, I hit purchase.

I had a number of issues in trying to get the order to go through over the course of a few days, but they were reasonably patient with me, and I eventually completed the order.

I agree that this pen, with the Arco celluloid is worth having. A keeper for me.

One more thing; The actual price I paid was less than I had been expecting, even with the conversion.

Edited by Doug C

the Danitrio Fellowship

IMO, Morastylos's pens are magnificent. Quite frankly, I think some of them do a better job of showcasing the "famous" celluloid they are made from than does the original pen for which the celluloid was created.

Although I have never had the pleasure of personally interacting with Monsieur Mora, I have one of his pens. It is a beautiful pen which is also a great writer. I have a good pen friend whom I see regularly at all the big pen shows. He has purchased several of Morastylos's pens. He speaks VERY highly of the pens and of Monsieur Mora. I distinctly recall his saying that Monsieur Mora was "an impeccable gentleman." He has, likewise, shared that the pricing is very good and that was my experience as well when I acquired mine a couple of years ago.

Sorry to hear about "Cargoblues" bad experience but I do not think it is representative of what one can expect from Morastylos.

Edited by Seney724

• 3 weeks later...

I am french and I can tell you that it is the worst place. Mr Mora is an unpleasant man. He will be polite and nice ONLY if you spend A LOT in his shop. I will NEVER buy from him again. There is so much nicer shop in Paris and in the world.

Edited by Nausica

I was planning to visit the shop in a couple of weeks, since Ill be in Paris.

Hhhmmmm.... should I test myself or thrust these 3 negative opinions given in this thread?

Mayby the best decision is to have a direct experience and simultaneously have a look at the beautiful Oldwin pens.

Well see how it goes.

Q.

It is quite possible both sets of reviews are accurate. I have only bought on-line and in that case there is little contact other than a few sentences and he know how much I am spending from the start. I suppose if i walked in looking scruffy (as I do on holiday) it might be a different experience. But since it is not a web-only store there must be some positive in-person experiences.

I'd still go if I were in the area, just to see and experience one of the ever dwindling classic pen shops.

Hhhmmmm.... should I test myself or thrust these 3 negative opinions given in this thread?

Mayby the best decision is to have a direct experience and simultaneously have a look at the beautiful Oldwin pens.

Well see how it goes.

Q.

If I found myself even anywhere close to the shop I would, for 100% sure, pay it a visit.

If you do go there, please make a post afterwards and let us know about your experience.

Well see how it goes.

Q.

I am sure you will have quite a great experience, besides the fact you buy or not... I keep on having a great experience when I stop there... and his knowledge about pens is considerable !