The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Sheaffer Snorkel Tube Broken?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sanesangowdayya

sanesangowdayya

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 November 2017 - 15:21

Is this snorkel tube broken and only good for parts? Parts of the end look chipped off, and from what I've seen, open nib snorkel tubes were supposed to be flat with small slits.

Attached Images

• 1303669356343799059.jpg

Edited by sanesangowdayya, 05 November 2017 - 15:22.

Sponsored Content

#2 ink-syringe

ink-syringe

foo

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 November 2017 - 15:27

Likely not even good for parts (the tube I mean). No pictures so I am only guessing but that tube can't be broke at the end because the tube not only contains a feed but also has a slot that has to line up properly and that slot is at the very end of the tube so if that is broke you can restore the pen and it will fill but never write w/o the feed being there and that little slit lining up with the feed and nib assembly properly. 

I have bought Snorkels with the tips of the tube damaged and the only way to get them working again was to replace the whole snorkel tube. 

Looking for a cap for a Sheaffer Touchdown Sentinel Deluxe Fat version

#3 sanesangowdayya

sanesangowdayya

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 November 2017 - 15:46

Fair enough, a bummer but at least I can use the cap, body, and nib! Thanks for the reply.

#4 tetto

tetto

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Bronze+

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 December 2017 - 06:17

Yes it suppose to be a flat end with slits, but not that large slits. My opinion is that this tube is not original, or broken at the front end.

Sponsored Content

|