The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Sailor Pro-Gear Purple Cosmos- First Impressions

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 December 2017 - 04:57

I want a sailor pen so badly, I love the style of their pens and gorgeous nibs. But I hate nail-hard gold nibs. Steel I understand, but I think gold should always have some bounce.

I may just wind up saving up for a king of pen with the quad slit architect/fude nib and go absolutely insane.

Sponsored Content

#42 Pensei

Pensei

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 December 2017 - 22:31

My Purple Cosmos went into service yesterday. My brief comment: in terms of appearance, it's attractive to about the extent shown in various photographs that have been published; i.e., I'm pleased but not blown away. The great thing for me is the performance: it's the best-writing EF pen I have, and that includes an EF 21K Professional Gear (I know that comparison gets debated on occasion. This is just my opinion.) Great pen. 

#43 KellyMcJ

KellyMcJ

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 December 2017 - 23:56

My Purple Cosmos went into service yesterday. My brief comment: in terms of appearance, it's attractive to about the extent shown in various photographs that have been published; i.e., I'm pleased but not blown away. The great thing for me is the performance: it's the best-writing EF pen I have, and that includes an EF 21K Professional Gear (I know that comparison gets debated on occasion. This is just my opinion.) Great pen. 

I agree with you. It's a gorgeous pen, as are all of my Sailors, but I'm not stunned by it - the glitter is a fascinating novelty.

It's my favorite writer. I may ink it with Kon Peki when I've run through this fill of Ajisai.

Sponsored Content

|