The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Delike Brass Pen Long Term Review

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 December 2017 - 07:05

Bummer. I was hoping that mine would be better since the converter's overall design is nice and attractive.

At least it's not a proprietary design. Any old standard international converter will fit.

Sponsored Content

#42 jmccarty3

jmccarty3

There is no "c" in Sheaffer

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,505 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 December 2017 - 02:49

So it's really an international converter, not a Platinum converter, as it appears to be?

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

#43 eawtan

eawtan

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 December 2017 - 05:11

So it's really an international converter, not a Platinum converter, as it appears to be?

I checked mine. International converter (jinhao) fits. Platinum converter does not fit .

#44 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 December 2017 - 06:32

Really bizarre, but yes. SI converter all the way.

I did just discover that the PenBBS pens all take a parker converter.... Because... reasons?

#45 TruthPil

TruthPil

More flex, please!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 December 2017 - 18:08

Really bizarre, but yes. SI converter all the way.

I did just discover that the PenBBS pens all take a parker converter.... Because... reasons?

I couldn't get any converter other than the one that came with it to fit in my 308.

On another note, for those of you who prefer a plain vanilla nib broader than EF, Delike now offers this pen and their New Moon 2 with a M nib, supposedly with a 0.58~0.6mm line width.

I don't know what availability is like outside China, but I've got one of the nib units coming in the mail and will do a writing sample comparison once it gets here.

fpn_1451608922__truthpil_signature_small

#46 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 December 2017 - 21:29

I couldn't get any converter other than the one that came with it to fit in my 308.

On another note, for those of you who prefer a plain vanilla nib broader than EF, Delike now offers this pen and their New Moon 2 with a M nib, supposedly with a 0.58~0.6mm line width.

I don't know what availability is like outside China, but I've got one of the nib units coming in the mail and will do a writing sample comparison once it gets here.

The parker converter is a bit tight but it does fit.

#47 TruthPil

TruthPil

More flex, please!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts
  • Flag:

Posted Today, 07:48

My medium nib for this pen came yesterday and it is outstanding. I just screwed it in, filled the pen, and it writes a nice smooth and wet 0.7mm-ish line. Delike is really doing a great job with their nibs.

fpn_1451608922__truthpil_signature_small

Sponsored Content

|