• Tom Kellie

• Ghost Plane

• zaddick

• thygreyt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello

I have many Arabic calligraphy reed pens , and other pen in this store

http://www.arabic-calligraphy.com/store/http://www.arabic-calligraphy.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/The-Java-peen.jpg

http://www.arabic-calligraphy.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Java-Pen.jpghttp://www.arabic-calligraphy.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/1.jpg

Ahmed Kandil

Arabic calligraphy

www.arabic-calligraphy.com

I meant that your signature pen is a Lion pen, and Pekingese are lion dogs. That gives me an idea for your next bespoke pen, perhaps: Canis Leo, Lion dog. Yubi totally deserves the accolade. He sounds like an old soul in a puppy body.

He sounds not only delightful but photogenic. I hope we will be seeing plenty of Yubi!

ETA: I wrote this while you were posting the above shots. Adorable! His eyes in the first picture remind me of a baby seal, so big and liquid.

Edited by empliau

I have many Arabic calligraphy reed pens , and other pen in this store

http://www.arabic-calligraphy.com/store/

~ Kandil:

Thank you so much for sharing this valuable information.

It's very kind of you to follow-up, as many are interested in “qalam”-style reed pens.

Arabic calligraphy has a dazzling grace and energy.

Tom K.

I meant that your signature pen is a Lion pen, and Pekingese are lion dogs. That gives me an idea for your next bespoke pen, perhaps: Canis Leo, Lion dog. Yubi totally deserves the accolade. He sounds like an old soul in a puppy body.

He sounds not only delightful but photogenic. I hope we will be seeing plenty of Yubi!

ETA: I wrote this while you were posting the above shots. Adorable! His eyes in the first picture remind me of a baby seal, so big and liquid.

~ empliau:

You did it!

I've been asking myself what he resembled, which was somewhere in the mists of my mind.

A seal pup. That's it!

Yubi's personality matches his appearance.

His charm is that of babyish innocence.

He's the sort who would lay down to watch a butterfly sipping nectar, never lunging at all.

He's definitely an old soul. An angel appearing in puppy form to exemplify life's simplest pleasures.

Thank you so much for your astute comment.

Tom K.

I have grieved for and with you - I am thrilled to have, I hope, made you smile. Your posts have given me enormous pleasure, and I look forward to seeing Yubi grow.

Good to see that you are back, and wonderfull pictures (as usual).

~ Per:

In honor of my respect for your photography of pens, birds-in-flight and Danish-Swedish farm dogs, I made a point of using the Danish-made coral red Montblanc 212 to introduce Yubi to fountain pens.

I also used the sturdy writer, the 2001 PoA Marquise de Pompadour as the Meissen porcelain cap's crossed swords somehow fit with Yubi's heritage.

He's a placid, cheerful puppy who hasn't yet started chewing up anything. With time, that's likely to change.

Tom K.

I am glad to see you are happy again, Tom.

Edited by Zdenek

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword, obviously never encountered automatic weapons." – General D. MacArthur

“Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” – W. Churchill

Tom,

To commemorate your joyous mood and new arrival, i want to share my new arrival with the pawed nib!

My peggy came back from Hamburg fitted with an OBB nib! and its currently inked on Montblanc Golden Yellow.

post-126100-0-36706200-1524574284_thumb.jpg

post-126100-0-64122300-1524574296_thumb.jpg

Edited by Reed_thoughts

I have grieved for and with you - I am thrilled to have, I hope, made you smile. Your posts have given me enormous pleasure, and I look forward to seeing Yubi grow.

~ empliau:

You have indeed brought smiles to my face.

You share my affinity for dogs, so you understand my recent feelings.

Yubi is unlike any other dog I've known.

He's gentle, low-key, cheerful, undemanding, and sweet without being cloying.

A little angel in a puppy's body...with a sable-like coat.

Thank you for your friendly comment.

Tom K.

Congratulations Tom and a warm welcome to Yubi !!!

~ amitoberai:

Thank you so much!

Yubi is a charmer. He is remarkably gentle.

To my surprise, he hasn't chewed anything yet.

Ha! Maybe he's pen-friendly, but I'm not going to test that.

Tom K.

~ _InkyFingers:

Wow! What a glorious nib you've shown.

Your lovely calligraphy brings out the versatility of the vintage #2 nib.

I like the image you posted, including the placement of the jeweler's loupe.

Such a flexible nib is fortunate to be in your capable hand, which lets it show its strengths.

Thank you so much for posting such a nice nib.

Tom K.

I am glad to see you are happy again, Tom.

~ Zdenek:

Recovering my equilibrium has been a gradual progress. Zuji's passing was quite a blow.

Over the past decade I've found that taking life at a moderate pace, sleeping as much as possible, and reducing commitments all provide me with the resilience needed to cope with grief.

During the quiet week away from FPN, I used fountain pens, which were comforting in their reliability.

Yubi is a unique presence in my life. His otherworldly sweetness of temperament is a welcome antidote to the buffetings of daily life.

Thank you for your kind support.

Tom K.

Tom,

To commemorate your joyous mood and new arrival, i want to share my new arrival with the pawed nib!

My peggy came back from Hamburg fitted with an OBB nib! and its currently inked on Montblanc Golden Yellow.

~ Reed_thoughts:

You do know how to brighten up this thread, adding much good cheer.

Thank you for sharing the photos of your stunningly lovely PoA Peggy Guggenheim.

The OBB nib, with dog paw prints to honor Ms. Guggenheim's Lhasa Apsos, is nothing less than gorgeous.

You were so wise to wait for a nib exchange to OBB. A Peggy Guggenheim with an OBB is definitely my kind of pen.

I liked how the Montblanc Golden Yellow looks in use.

In fact, I liked it so much that I posted a comment about your photos, with a link to this post, in an MB Golden Yellow ink thread in “Ink Reviews”.

Your photos are so effective, showing the pen, the OBB nib, and the Golden Yellow ink in a highly favorable light.

Very, very nice. I'm delighted that you shared this and hope that the OBB nib will be a regular writer for you.

Tom K.

I'm so delighted to meet Yubi--he is a charmer!

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Outstanding to see Yubi!

His eyes go wide like mine do looking through the beautiful pens and penmanship on this forum.

He looks like a great pup!

Tom - I was reading some of your positive posts this morning on the desktop/browser version of FPN and it suddenly dawned on me it is time to update your profile description! You have moved a step beyond O3B. It should read

From EEF to BBBB

or

From EEF to 4B Signature

Hopefully your new writing partner Yubi affords you the time to update this outdated info. :)

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!