Enjoying Montblanc Pens — Broad, Oblique, Extra Fine, Le & Bespoke

Tom Kellie

Thanks for this. Love how it defies comprehension that anyone might write more than a note with their pen. Or be more focused on quality performance and comfortable use rather than luxury. Though beautiful is definitely a major consideration as well.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• Ghost Plane

• zaddick

• thygreyt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tom, I was in the Tyson’s Boutique today to pick up my Little Prince pen and other related goodies. I saw the manager, Robert, and I extended your sincere greetings.

Tom, I was in the Tyson’s Boutique today to pick up my Little Prince pen and other related goodies. I saw the manager, Robert, and I extended your sincere greetings.

fpn_1524369951__for_toll.jpg

~ Throughout the past week I've relied on four Montblanc pens.

They've taken notes during Mid-term Oral Examinations,

recorded information about possible purchases,

and written margin notes in books about puppies.

• 2001 Patron of Art Marquise de Pompadour F inked in Leo Tolstoy Sky Blue

• Yellow Gold 149 Bespoke Monotone Yellow Gold Small Signature Nib inked in Swan Illusion

• 1967 24 OF inked in Diamine Sepia

• 1953 Semi-flex 3-42 G B inked in Midnight Blue

I've also used a charcoal pencil to sketch a puppy

which I saw in a video made by a friend visiting Beijing.

Below are images of two of the golden workhorses,

both of which have turned out to be superb

daily writers, easy to handle, providing reliable strokes.

Tom K.

fpn_1524369648__rose_and_iris.jpg

Rose and Iris

fpn_1524369689__wild_rose_blooms.jpg

Wild Rose Blooms

fpn_1524369733__golden_workhorses.jpg

Golden Workhorses

Tom Kellie, it is very good to see you back.

Those are great pictures and a wonderful sketch.

Thank you for posting them.

Welcome back, Tom. I am glad your magnificent Montblancs (did I mention that my heart leaps up when I behold that signature nib?) have provided diversion. And the picture of Yubi is absolutely darling.

fpn_1524491706__yubi_and_tom.jpg

Yubi and Tom

~ Tonight a special package arrived from Beijing. It's a 4-month old male Pekingese, silver-grey with sable markings on all four feet, the tail tip and the ear tips.

He's from the most respected and successful Pekingese breeder in Asia, who graciously made him available, although he very seldom sells puppies.

His name is Yubi. In Chinese it's 御笔, which literally means “the imperial brush pen”, but in practice means the sketches or writing of the emperor.

His fine fur is like a sable-tipped brush. The striking dark markings on his feet, tail tip and ear tips look as though he was a brush dipped in ink.

With such a name, he's destined to be another ‘fountain pen writer and sketcher's dog’. He'll need to work to match Zuji's excellence.

Tom K.

Oh my word I am so pleased for you both. He's adorable. Congratulations on Yubi! And what a perfect name for a penman's dog.

Puppy months are very busy but oh so delightful --

ETA: He may want the signature pen since he is, after all, a Lion. Watch carefully!

Edited by empliau

Oh Tom, he's beautiful! Cathy and I are so happy for you. May he be such a gift to you as Theodore has been to us.

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

Fantastic news, Tom! Yubi seems like the perfect name. I trust he will, indeed, become a companion of incomparable worth.

Great picture of a boy (!) and his dog....

Here are descriptions of people & their pets I've seen the last 3 days walking around Lake Como (in Saint Paul, not Italy). First was a woman walking her...pig - on a leash, good sized, spotted & hairy. Second day was a woman walking with her rather large parrot on her shoulder, brightly colored, huge beak. Today a man with his little black Scotty - he rolls the ball, the Scotty, "Eddy", runs like the wind after the ball and the man sprints after the dog. They retrieve the ball walk a bit, then repeat. Continuously around the lake. Later the man explains this as his method of doing sprints modulated with milder rests and sprinting again - he plans to lose 25 pounds this way. I note that Eddy lets the man do the difficult retrieves.

Carry on Tom.

Oh my word I am so pleased for you both. He's adorable. Congratulations on Yubi! And what a perfect name for a penman's dog.

Puppy months are very busy but oh so delightful --

ETA: He may want the signature pen since he is, after all, a Lion. Watch carefully!

~ empliau:

A Bespoke “Yubi Pen”?

His temperament is utterly unlike any puppy I've ever known.

His low-key, gentle nature lacks the intensity and overt neediness ine often sees.

He's charmingly affectionate, generous with tiny kisses.

Everything is fresh in his eyes, after spending the first four months of his life in a kennel cage with his siblings.

Tom K.