• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• Ghost Plane

• zaddick

• thygreyt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:angry: stop it !!! (note to self - 'you really need to practice your photography')

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

Im a little late to post, and this is going to just be a teaser post. I know I dont know anyone here, but I enjoy sharing my growing love of MB writing instruments.

My most recent acquisition was returned to me about a week and a half ago, after sitting at the boutique for a couple weeks prior to that.

The reason for the delay in getting it back is because I am having to battle cancer for the second time. My prognosis is good but it still takes a lot out of me so I had to delay picking my newest baby up.

But with that (pictures to come, when I take them) but for the teaser. Its a Beatles happy pen edition with an OBB. *happy pen edition is my name, the pen makes me smile.

You need joy in your life. I wish you a speedy recovery and moments of happiness along your journey.

Edited by meiers

I'm super sad that at the time I saw it on ebay, I couldn't afford the unicorn vintage MB 146 OBBB. siiiiiiiiiigh. So a few months later I consoled myself with what I think was a pretty good deal - a mint burgundy MB 146 still stickered, with a BB nib that I won for a mere $410 USD.

As soon as it shows up, I promise to take lots of pictures!

I wish more MB 146s came with OBBB nibs. I really want to try one, but a 149 is just to big for me to comfortably use.

If it was a celluloid 146 I know the pen and I think it was overpriced. I tried to get it for what I thought was a fair price. If you want O3B olin a 146 I think it has to be celluloid. And those pens are a fair bit smaller than a modern 146. I have never seen a modern 146 with 3B or O3B nibs, just the 149. (As far as I know ow, the 3B 149 stopped being an option in the mod 1970s with the end of the 18C tri-colored nibs.) Of course if you have a spare 1200 you can get a bespoke nib made to whatever width you want within reason.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

~ Another material used in a Montblanc cap, to add to the preceding list:

• Citrine

Tom K.

~ Another material used in a Montblanc cap, to add to the preceding list:

• Citrine

Tom K.

Tom, did you get malachite for the Nikolai and lapis for the Ramses?

Tom, did you get malachite for the Nikolai and lapis for the Ramses?

~ Ghost Plane:

Yes, in post #989 on page #50.

Following is the updated list with all of the materials from several preceding posts:

• Amber

• Anodized Aluminum
• Anthracite
• Brass
• Carbon Fiber
• Celluloid
• Ceramics
• Citrine
• Coral
• Cowhide Leather
• Damask Steel
• Diamond
• Ebonite
• 750 Gold
• Granite
• Grenadilla Wood
• Hematite
• Jade
• Lacquer
• Lapis Lazuli
• Malachite
• Marble
• Mother-of-pearl
• Pine
• Platinum
• Porcelain
• Red Gold
• Rose Gold
• Rosewood
• Rubber
• Ruthenium
• Sapphire
• Shark Leather
• Stainless Steel
• 925 Sterling Silver
• Tiger-eye
• Titanium
• Vermeil/Silver-gilt
I've hesitated to include Glass, as I've been unable to discover confirmation that it's been used in Skeleton pens.
Tom K.

Some writing samples with my Heritage 1914 inked with MB Irish Green:

27086921018_a64c1bbd1e_b.jpg 26085867897_c1e8471416_b.jpg

And this afternoon I went to my friend reseller to test the different MB nibs from the tester kit and this is the samples:

26085868407_d5d1057051_b.jpg 40916093452_659596de27_b.jpg

And a little text with the OBB:

26085867987_4d756194b7_b.jpg

OBB test is success but I can't think writing daily with this kind of nib but it is really fun and the writing is well.

Edited by Cyrille

~ The 1998 Patron of Art Alexander the Great 888 uses black onyx on the body.

• Onyx

Tom K.

40968318701_0532aa3233_b.jpg

~ Cyrille:

The arrival of the lovely #307/333 Coral Heritage 1914 to your writing desk is bringing great pleasure to others.

The image above is especially lovely due to the interplay of colors. It's your ‘Still Life with Coral 1914’.

Coral Red plays against the darker red binding of the notebook and the words ‘Black n’ Red’ in an elegant way.

The gold fittings, the sapphire crystal on the star, the Montblanc Irish Green from the nib — they all blend with such grace.

The wood surface of the desk provides a subtle frame for the well-composed image.

It's one of the rare images which pulls me back to savor the overall look.

Seeing such an outstanding pen in use, rather than displayed, is especially delightful.

The Coral Heritage 1914 is a pen seldom seen in action, therefore your photograph is noteworthy.

You're enjoying many types of nibs. I need to join you in doing so, as I've never yet written with an F nib.

Thank you for posting this image and for your exceptionally generous comments.

With Appreciation,

Tom K.

~ The 1998 Patron of Art Alexander the Great 888 uses black onyx on the body.

• Onyx

Tom K.

Tom,

What about Alligator Leather for Masters for Meisterstuck Firenze ?

What about Alligator Leather for Masters for Meisterstuck Firenze ?

~ SergioAA:

Thank you so much for this information.

It's very thoughtful of you to include the photo.

I'll definitely add Alligator Leather to the list.

Tom K.