The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Delta, Out Of Business Again?

delta

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Dontbugme

Dontbugme

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 November 2017 - 18:11

ON MONDAY, OCTOBER 30, 2017 I CALLED YAFA PENS BECAUSE I HAD HOPED TO PURCHASE/OBTAIN A PART FOR ONE OF MY DELTA PENS. MY CALL WAS TAKEN BY CLARA CORNETT (TO WHOM I HAD SPOKEN IN THE PAST. SHE INFORMED ME THAT IT WOULDN'T BE POSSIBLE BECAUSE DELTA HAD SHUT THEIR DOORS TO WHICH i REPLIED "WOW".

Sponsored Content

#2 ISW_Kaputnik

ISW_Kaputnik

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 November 2017 - 20:11

ON MONDAY, OCTOBER 30, 2017 I CALLED YAFA PENS BECAUSE I HAD HOPED TO PURCHASE/OBTAIN A PART FOR ONE OF MY DELTA PENS. MY CALL WAS TAKEN BY CLARA CORNETT (TO WHOM I HAD SPOKEN IN THE PAST. SHE INFORMED ME THAT IT WOULDN'T BE POSSIBLE BECAUSE DELTA HAD SHUT THEIR DOORS TO WHICH i REPLIED "WOW".

Interesting, in that I recall speaking with the same woman when I needed to send my one Delta pen, a Serena, back for warranty service, some time last year or perhaps the year before.

If true, I guess I'd better hope that something doesn't go wrong again, although even if it did, I doubt that I'd want to spend the postage both ways once more for a pen that I don't even use that much.

But I look forward to more information.

Edited by ISW_Kaputnik, 03 November 2017 - 20:12.

"So convenient a thing it is to be a reasonable creature, since it enables one to find or make a reason for everything one has a mind to do." - Benjamin Franklin

#3 aeba

aeba

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 November 2017 - 21:35

http://www.fountainp...business/page-3

Personally I don't say anything about whether Delta is kaput or not.

You do not have a right to post. You do not have a right to a lawyer. Do you understands these rights you do not have?

Kaweco Supra (titanium B), Al-Sport (steel BB).

Parker: Sonnet (dimonite); Frontier GT; 51 (gray); Vacumatic (amber).

Pelikan: m600 (BB); Rotring ArtPen (1,9mm); Rotring Rive; Cult Pens Mini (the original silver version), Waterman Carene (ultramarine F)

#4 deepak23

deepak23

Sittin-on-a-gate

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 November 2017 - 13:23

A popular seller of Delta pens on ebay has also disappeared. So guess the news might be true

A lifelong FP user...

#5 MuddyWaters

MuddyWaters

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 November 2017 - 14:51

Serves them right for the fusion nibs and the incredibly high prices

Link to a post about ergonomics I made: http://www.fountainp...with/?p=4179072

#6 fabri00

fabri00

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,196 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 November 2017 - 18:15

A popular seller of Delta pens on ebay has also disappeared. So guess the news might be true

Martemodena disappeared from ebay but is still quite active.
It has released recently a lot of new models branded martemodena and I'm very curious to know who is producing that pens if delta is gone.

#7 jekostas

jekostas

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 19:59

It has released recently a lot of new models branded martemodena and I'm very curious to know who is producing that pens if delta is gone.

Marlen perhaps?  They did the Citizens line.

#8 fabri00

fabri00

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,196 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 November 2017 - 21:33

Marlen was a secondary brand of delta as far as I know.
If delta is gone, also marlen is gone.

#9 jekostas

jekostas

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 00:55

Are you sure you're not thinking of Markiaro, because Marlen is still around.

Edited by jekostas, 05 November 2017 - 01:06.

#10 fabri00

fabri00

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,196 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 November 2017 - 06:47

You are right, sorry for the confusion i did

#11 deepak23

deepak23

Sittin-on-a-gate

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 November 2017 - 17:11

Maybe he bought the factory but not the brand...

A lifelong FP user...

#12 SkipP

SkipP

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 November 2017 - 20:55

Serves them right for the fusion nibs and the incredibly high prices

I jut bought one of these fusion nibs and it leaked out an entire cartridge on the way home (15 minutes). It is fine now, but I never had a pen leak out so much ink in so little time, although most of my pens are Platinum (and vintage Waterman). The pen looks great, but I still cannot get over it leaking like that. It has that fusion nib though. It does write well. 

#13 Precise

Precise

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 November 2017 - 11:47

I have several Delta pens with fusion nibs.  They are great writers, although I don't think the little bit of gold has any affect. 

Most were purchased on ebay via martemodena for slightly over $100.

Alan

#14 Uncial

Uncial

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,121 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:48

The fusion nib was a disgrace and they treated their customers with contempt by spewing out all that nonsense about it. It was the first sight hey were in trouble, which I think is deeply sad. Part of me feels they deserve it for the fusion affair, but it was probably an attempt to save themselves money and rescue the brand. The Dolce Vita pens were very beautiful, well made and had pleasing nibs with one of the best piston filling mechanisms on the market. I accidentally picked one up that had a fusion nail nib. The stupid gold bit fell off within three weeks. Total junk.

#15 Ian the Jock

Ian the Jock

Education is important...But fountain pens are importanter

• Remembered Fondly
  • 1,460 posts
  • Location:Cumbernauld (Numb n cauld), West Central Scotland (the cold damp bit)
  • Flag:

Posted 13 November 2017 - 15:13

I have four Deltas, none of which have fusion nibs, and they are all fabulous.
Beautiful pens, gorgeous smooth nibs, leaving me with a feeling of sadness that I probably won't be able to get any more now that the prices have rocketed after their sad demise.

It serves them right is a bit harsh.
They produced many, many, beautiful pens that didn't have the fusion nib, and I'm sure they will be sadly missed.

Ian

It’s a well kent fact that Scotland (The Land Of The Rising Water) has the most beautiful, picturesque, colourful, history laden landscape in the world.

It’s just a shame that you can only look at it through a rain soaked car window.

Every cloud though,  If there was no rain, there’d be no RAINBOWS.

My top tip:-

If you are walking the dog through mountain bike country.....don't wear headphones.

#16 Cordovian

Cordovian

Oh, shiny.

• Member - Gold

• 869 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 November 2017 - 16:23

The fusion nib was a disgrace and they treated their customers with contempt by spewing out all that nonsense about it. It was the first sight hey were in trouble, which I think is deeply sad. Part of me feels they deserve it for the fusion affair, but it was probably an attempt to save themselves money and rescue the brand. The Dolce Vita pens were very beautiful, well made and had pleasing nibs with one of the best piston filling mechanisms on the market. I accidentally picked one up that had a fusion nail nib. The stupid gold bit fell off within three weeks. Total junk.

That's the same way I feel about Visconti's palladium nibs...

At least all the fusion nib pens I bought wrote good right out of the box.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: delta

Sponsored Content

|