Lecai Acrylic Eyedropper With Waterman #2 Wet Noodle (Also Stock Review)

Honeybadgers

I am so glad to see that I am not the lone voice in the Pen-iverse that is totally enamoured of the simple elegance of the original Lecai Demonstrator and have discovered its perfect compatibility with a Waterman #2 vintage flex nib as I have demonstrated here https://www.instagram.com/p/Bl51n4IFYV-/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1n1e8wagpld9f

The only thing I could find wrong with it was the 8 turns it took to uncap it, but from the other comments it looks like that was remedied later.

Unfortunately, when I went online to reorder some, I discovered they are no longer available, and have been replaced with an updated version which looks far inferior in design etc. Very sad.

So many pens, so little time.

penfiend.com

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Honeybadgers

• truthpil

• abuomar

• fountainpen51

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is the latest version 'Moonman M2 Transparent Fountain Pen,"Updated Lecai pen",EF NIb' still compatible with putting in a Waterman #2 nib? It seems like that would be a nice modern flex pen if it works.

I would say yes. I've relocated the nib in my lecai to a noodlers boston safety but the M2 is pretty much the same as the lecai in the nib/feed.

I am so glad to see that I am not the lone voice in the Pen-iverse that is totally enamoured of the simple elegance of the original Lecai Demonstrator and have discovered its perfect compatibility with a Waterman #2 vintage flex nib as I have demonstrated here https://www.instagram.com/p/Bl51n4IFYV-/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1n1e8wagpld9f

The only thing I could find wrong with it was the 8 turns it took to uncap it, but from the other comments it looks like that was remedied later.

Unfortunately, when I went online to reorder some, I discovered they are no longer available, and have been replaced with an updated version which looks far inferior in design etc. Very sad.

7 turn uncap models were counterfeits. You got a faked one.

Lecai changed to moonman and started updating their lineup because the lecai was HEAVILY counterfeited.

The M2 looks different but the quality is as good if not even better.

Edited by Honeybadgers

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

I would have bought one of the flat ended original styles but don't like the looks of the new one . Don't like the pointy ends or the red bans either one . Too late to the party as usual .

Eddie

Look for the clear PenBBS models. They can be eyedroppered and are also superbly made in the $15 range. Also take #6 nibs.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

Am I to understand that the gorgeous flat-ended model has been phased out? Pity, the Moonman M2 doesn't look as Bauhaus in my opinion!

Dominique

Snail Mail

(fluent in SK, CZ, DE, EN

currently learning EO, JP, NL)

Id be willing to part with mine (an authentic one with a 1.5 turn cap,) sans the waterman nib. I just don't use it since I tend to switch inks a lot.

Edited by Honeybadgers

Well, after trying your pen for 1 year +, do you want to sell it?

Sure, here you go: https://www.ebay.com/itm/LECAI-Transparent-Acrylic-Fountain-Pen-0-5-0-6mm-Nib-For-Glitter-Colorful-Ink/263230268468?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=562225801117&_trksid=p2057872.m2748.l2649

Ah, I see. Ok. I tried wiggling the nib & feed from side to side in order to try and get the collar to unscrew but it didn't budge. I tried again just now and managed to get it done. Thanks for pointing this out.

The nib on mine had a lot of feedback out of the box. After some passes with micromesh, now it's a fair bit smoother. A little bit dry, though. I tried using SBREBrown's method of 'Making a nIb wet in seconds' and also ran a brass shim between the tines. However, the nib seemed to be no wetter after both methods. Thinking about swapping in the nib, feed & collar from a Jinhao 992.

penfiend.com

Id be willing to part with mine (an authentic one with a 1.5 turn cap,) sans the waterman nib. I just don't use it since I tend to switch inks a lot.

I'd love to buy it off you, if available. Thanks!

penfiend.com

PM me. I don't think I have the original nib for it, but I did save the clear feed (since I had to mangle a feed with heat to make the waterman nib fit, I set the clear one aside) and I have a bunch of spare nibs I can put in it.

i'll also throw in the little snake ring that I turned into a roll stop for it. It just slides off. I'd let it go for $12 shipped in the US and $20 shipped international.

Edited by Honeybadgers