The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Lecai Acrylic Eyedropper With Waterman #2 Wet Noodle (Also Stock Review)

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#121 EMQG

EMQG

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 12:42

Have you talked on Aliexpress too?

Oooh, I haven't. Good idea; I'll go do that. Thanks!

Any chance you've got one you're interested in selling? :)

Edit: Can't seem to find these things on AliExpress. Link?

Edited by EMQG, 02 January 2018 - 12:45.

Sponsored Content

#122 fountainpen51

fountainpen51

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 January 2018 - 14:00

The one I have is 7 turns ... Try putting "fountain pen transparent", so I have only found this in the first pages, I do not know if there will be more. If you find one of a few turns, please let me know

It seems that the announcement one comes with the gold nib and another gray one, will it have something to do with it? I sent you a message

https://es.aliexpres...iceBeautifyAB=0

Edited by fountainpen51, 02 January 2018 - 14:06.

#123 abuomar

abuomar

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 January 2018 - 14:00

I don't think I've seen the Lecai on AliExpress either. I might've searched using the wrong term.

#124 kulms

kulms

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 January 2018 - 16:15

Lol I like the keycap puller next to it. What type of mechanical keyboard do you have?

#125 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 January 2018 - 04:43

A full custom MAXkeyboards Nighthawk X7, custom lighting, custom switch layout of reds, blacks and browns. Was not cheap, but it's served me very well for about five years.

#126 fountainpen51

fountainpen51

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 January 2018 - 09:32

I have cleaned it with warm water and it has become a little more translucent. Has anyone else happened?

#127 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 961 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 January 2018 - 22:30

Howso? post a picture? I've washed mine in hot water several times and nothing's changed.

#128 fountainpen51

fountainpen51

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 January 2018 - 10:16

Howso? post a picture? I've washed mine in hot water several times and nothing's changed.

Can see how the grip section is as dark as the darker part of the lid, the barrel is not so dark but almost, the lid is the same because it was the only one that I did not clean.

Attached Images

• 20180106_100816_opt.jpg

#129 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 961 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 January 2018 - 22:02

Interesting. did you use any cleaning solvents or soaps?

#130 fountainpen51

fountainpen51

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 January 2018 - 22:32

Interesting. did you use any cleaning solvents or soaps?

Nothing, just water, no cold no hot.

#131 TruthPil

TruthPil

More flex, please!

• Member - Gold

• 1,223 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 January 2018 - 02:28

I washed mine out in the tap and it's still crystal clear. Maybe there was some unique combination of things (the type of ink, the local water, etc.) that caused the clouding. Some time soaking in pen flush could help.

fpn_1451608922__truthpil_signature_small

#132 abuomar

abuomar

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:26

After 47 days, my Lecai finally arrived today. Have yet to ink it up, but I'm happy to see it's the version that takes 1.5 turns to uncap (eBay seller I bought it from has run out of stock for the Lecai).

First impressions: the pen is smaller and lighter than I anticipated. Nib and feed is friction fit with no screw-in collar. I'll give it a good flushing tonight and will probably ink it up tomorrow. 

#133 TruthPil

TruthPil

More flex, please!

• Member - Gold

• 1,223 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:52

After 47 days, my Lecai finally arrived today. Have yet to ink it up, but I'm happy to see it's the version that takes 1.5 turns to uncap (eBay seller I bought it from has run out of stock for the Lecai).

First impressions: the pen is smaller and lighter than I anticipated. Nib and feed is friction fit with no screw-in collar. I'll give it a good flushing tonight and will probably ink it up tomorrow. 

Great news!  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup: 

#134 fountainpen51

fountainpen51

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 January 2018 - 15:31

Can you pass the link? To see when it's available again, thanks

#135 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 961 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 January 2018 - 19:19

The nib/feed unit IS screw in. Yours might be tight because it's new, but it does unthread, even in both known models.

#136 Jamerelbe

Jamerelbe

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,156 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 January 2018 - 20:24

The nib/feed unit IS screw in. Yours might be tight because it's new, but it does unthread, even in both known models.

True, but nib and feed are friction fit within the "collar" of the nib unit - you're right, though, I didn't realise this until someone pointed it out on this forum (I think this thread?).

#137 abuomar

abuomar

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:19

Can you pass the link? To see when it's available again, thanks

Sure, here you go: https://www.ebay.com...872.m2748.l2649

True, but nib and feed are friction fit within the "collar" of the nib unit - you're right, though, I didn't realise this until someone pointed it out on this forum (I think this thread?).

Ah, I see. Ok. I tried wiggling the nib & feed from side to side in order to try and get the collar to unscrew but it didn't budge. I tried again just now and managed to get it done. Thanks for pointing this out.

The nib on mine had a lot of feedback out of the box. After some passes with micromesh, now it's a fair bit smoother. A little bit dry, though. I tried using SBREBrown's method of 'Making a nIb wet in seconds' and also ran a brass shim between the tines. However, the nib seemed to be no wetter after both methods. Thinking about swapping in the nib, feed & collar from a Jinhao 992.

#138 TruthPil

TruthPil

More flex, please!

• Member - Gold

• 1,223 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:30

The nib on mine had a lot of feedback out of the box. After some passes with micromesh, now it's a fair bit smoother. A little bit dry, though. I tried using SBREBrown's method of 'Making a nIb wet in seconds' and also ran a brass shim between the tines. However, the nib seemed to be no wetter after both methods. Thinking about swapping in the nib, feed & collar from a Jinhao 992.

I have to make the nib wetter on mine and also adjust the tines a little because the scratchiness when I got it was due to alignment issues (this is quite common on Chinese pens). Now the stock nibs works ok, but I'll probably only use it with other nibs. One of the best things about this pen is that it takes JoWo and Knox #5 nibs and some vintage #2 nibs. A Noodler's Nib Creaper flex nib would probably be awesome in this pen!

#139 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 961 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 January 2018 - 16:42

Sure, here you go: https://www.ebay.com...872.m2748.l2649

Ah, I see. Ok. I tried wiggling the nib & feed from side to side in order to try and get the collar to unscrew but it didn't budge. I tried again just now and managed to get it done. Thanks for pointing this out.

Take the nib out and place it wings-down on a hard surface. take your thumb and press down gently but firmly right over the breather hole. that will open the tines up much more. It takes a little time and go slowly but it worked fine for mine.

#140 abuomar

abuomar

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 January 2018 - 10:58

I have to make the nib wetter on mine and also adjust the tines a little because the scratchiness when I got it was due to alignment issues (this is quite common on Chinese pens). Now the stock nibs works ok, but I'll probably only use it with other nibs. One of the best things about this pen is that it takes JoWo and Knox #5 nibs and some vintage #2 nibs. A Noodler's Nib Creaper flex nib would probably be awesome in this pen!

The tines on mine were aligned pretty well, but upon closer inspection with a loupe there's very little tipping material on the nib. It almost looks like one of those 'folder over' lower-end nibs from Esterbrook. I'll probably stick on another #5 nib on the Lecai sometime soon. Thanks for your input.

Has anyone tried swapping in a TWSBI Eco nib onto the Lecai?

Take the nib out and place it wings-down on a hard surface. take your thumb and press down gently but firmly right over the breather hole. that will open the tines up much more. It takes a little time and go slowly but it worked fine for mine.

Sounds easy enough. I'll do this tonight. Thanks!

Sponsored Content

|