A New L.e Kingsize Bulkfiller Now Available !

fountainbel

Francis, this pen is lovely in its own way but it does not fit your brand identity. Purely on appearance, it is an ornamented pen and would fit in product lines from Visconti or Montblanc. There, value is dictated by how much precious material and labor goes into decoration. Conid has always been about form following function, with value lying in precision manufacturing and highly functional design.

In the past, your lovely prototypes have kept the basic Conid character while varying the material - not the appliques. Fine tools, not jewelry. Perhaps you want freedom to broaden the line and to compete in the luxury market. In that case, I congratulate Johan on his very nice design and wish you well with the strategy. Not to my taste (the arco prototype does it for me), but I am no gentleman.

This captures my thoughts exactly, and probably better than I could have on my own!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountainbel

• kazoolaw

• slippery when wet

• oldrifleman

I absolutely love the pen. I find the honeycomb design beautiful without being over the top. I saw another pen with honeycomb pattern that I liked a lot, I think it was from classic pens, but that one seemed more like a museum piece.

This was the first pen I saw in your page (went straight to LE pens) and I really wanted to buy it, but It's out of my price range. I'm saving money for a regular bulkfiller, which is my top ceiling in terms of price now, until I finish my studies and delve a bit deeper into the professional world (hopefully).

Regards,

Antonio.

I could be in the market for a Conid, but what puts me off this pen is that it is too ornate for me. I like my pens as plain as possible.

As far as the rest of the range is concerned, I have never liked demonstrators, even though I have owned a few. They always look cheap to me. Conid are the first that have turned out a demonstrator that doesn't look cheap. If I was in the market for a Conid than it would have to be a solid colour with a cigar shape.

Filling the pen is part of the pleasure of owning a fountain pen for me, so it wouldn't be the bulk filling mechanism that sold it to me, more the manufacturing processes and tight tolerances.

I'm not in the market for ANY Conid! LOL! That being said, I really do want one. My first one would be one of the demonstrators though. I'm a sucker for seeing the ink. I love this design. I'm a big fan of Bettinardi putters, and they are known for milling the putter face in a honeycomb design. What I don't like is that there probably isn't demonstrator version of this. This isn't a deal breaker though. I'd get it if I had the cash. Again, really love the design.

Daris 2017

PS

Just out of curiosity, do you have music nibs? I see that you do stub nibs. Thanks.

Edited by shoutout33

Whereas I prefer the original to this new edition, I think it's fine. Then again I've been salivating over your Bulkfiller since I got into the hobby. If I had the money I'd certainly buy one post haste, when one can appreciate the engineering and all the work that goes into a Conid $600 is suddenly rather reasonable. Fabulous piece of work artfully crafted.

I think for me, the black overlay, if thats wha it can be called, is just a little odd looking over the acrylic when there is still clear acrylic for me to see thorough. God help me when I say this, but it reminds me of Noodler's arcylic Konrad with the false pattern sleeve on the inside of the resin, only this new edition Bulkfiller has it on the outside instead.

That said, I quite like the hexagonal metalwork for whatever thats worth. I think it stands well enough by itself as a design without being a reference to the "Gentlemen's Fair" or whatever it was called. If it was just the metal work, I think people would have jumped on it heavy.

"If brute force has failed to yield the desired result, it simply means you've failed to yield enough force."