A New L.e Kingsize Bulkfiller Now Available !

fountainbel

Dear Conid fans

Good news !
A new limited edition Kingsize Bulkfiller just joined the Conid flock, the “Gentleman’s pen” !
This unique pen is made in a small series of 25 numbered pieces.
Below the link to the dedicated “Gentleman pen “ site.
Note the pen is already listed and available under “limited editions” on the Conid website
Conid owners already had the chance to reserve one of these pens.
So don’t wait too long if you want to order!
Best regards,
Francis

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountainbel

• Scylax

• cunim

• EMQG

Hi Folks,
I 'm somewhat surprised seeing no reactions at all on my posting.

Is there something wrong, don't you like the new design?

Look forward reading your comments !

Thanks in advance,

Francis

Francis,

I'd not have responded but for your follow up post. Your Conid pens are amazing, both in terms of their aesthetic and technical design.

The Gentleman's Pen you have posted is simply not to my taste. Very much not to my taste. I am not your target market. This is not an issue with the pen or your marketing, but just a statement of fact.

I wish you the very best of success in the sale of this limited edition. I will follow you for future GPs.

I continue to admire your other pen designs, and the obvious attention to quality in your manufacturing.

Best wishes,

gary

I am the same way. I have 4 Conid pens but the honey comb look is just not my cup of tea. If I were looking to buy another pen it would be the King Size Antwerppen (to go with my regular version), but I am satisfied with what I have (for now).

I really want another Conid, but this is another black pen. It looked blue on phone and I added it to cart on Conid website almost clicking on submitting the order, but then I checked on PC and carefully read the description to find out that it is Matte black. Already have a lot of black pens.

I'm really looking forward to some celluloid or the blue prototype posted along with the AntwerpPen earlier this year. Until then, I'll refrain.

Hi Francis,

I am a fan of your bulkfiller CAISO. But this version has a sterile aesthetic to its look. IMO, the hexagons over decorates the pen. If it was just plain, it reminds me of Bauhaus stylings.

Hi Gary, Oldrifleman, Mew and SpecTP !

My sincere thanks to all of you for your honest reactions.

I fully understand, one does not discuss about tastes or preferences, to each his own !

Best regards, Francis

Hi Francis,

The etchings on the gentleman's pen, especially "Gentle-Man's Pen" on the cap and blindcap, are not my style. I do like the hexagons, but I would like it better if the pattern was on the whole pen-- almost a beehive motif. When I saw the cover photo, I thought it was designed for a separate community. Having done a little more reading, I like the idea behind it, but the pen is not for me.

Francis. In general terms, I can't afford your pens. Unless you license the bulkfiller technology to someone who can build the volumes needed to make it affordable to my budget, I have to watch from afar...

I also don't care for the styling that much. To my eyes, the lettering and logo seem misplaced to me. They look like the graphic designs that belong on notebooks, or restaurant menus, not fountain pens. The logo is meant to get you to look at an advertisement and unifies the visual theme of the fair. You need a logo that gets one to look at the artistry and craftsmanship of the pen. It's a subtle difference, but one that affects things here. I would have excluded the Gentleman's logo or put it on the nib or crown of the pen. One's eye is then allowed to roam over the pen and appreciate its finer points.

Having said that, the aesthetic for the pen is different from what you normally do and I like the creativity.

I rather like it but being female I'm not the target market, and I too would have preferred blue. And by the time VAT is included the price is very high. Honestly I love the simple demonstrators more. And I'm still hoping my first Conid will be a CAISO.

Francis. In general terms, I can't afford your pens. Unless you license the bulkfiller technology to someone who can build the volumes needed to make it affordable to my budget, I have to watch from afar...

I also don't care for the styling that much. To my eyes, the lettering and logo seem misplaced to me. They look like the graphic designs that belong on notebooks, or restaurant menus, not fountain pens. The logo is meant to get you to look at an advertisement and unifies the visual theme of the fair. You need a logo that gets one to look at the artistry and craftsmanship of the pen. It's a subtle difference, but one that affects things here. I would have excluded the Gentleman's logo or put it on the nib or crown of the pen. One's eye is then allowed to roam over the pen and appreciate its finer points.

Having said that, the aesthetic for the pen is different from what you normally do and I like the creativity.

Hi Basterma,
Thanks for your input !
I realize this LE version is rather expensive , but given the extra work involved and the small series of 25 pieces in which the pen is produced, this price is accountable.
The Bulkfiller is produced at Conid, and although the pens are made according my design, the L.E Gentlemans version is fully developped at Conid.
Jonas - a gifted young designer at Conid - took the challenge and designed this unique pen starting from the hexagon Gentleman’s fair logo.
And there surely is a symbolic behind this logo :

Many philosophers view this hexagon honeycomb shape as the manifestation of divine harmony.

The hexagon shape is also known as a symbol for love, sincerity, harmony, equality, perfection, dependability and integration, virtues which are all inherent to a gentleman.
Logically it’s always a question of taste en preferences : some people - including me - really like the design, others don’t…...
Your suggestion to include the logo on the nib is surely a good one which we will take in account for the next LE.
Best regards,
Francis

I agree with the others. I don't like the look of it, but I'm sure there will be plenty who do. I think it's an overly "futuristic" appearance, but not in a good way. I don't know how to describe it better, my apologies.

Now, if you could do something designed in the same "futuristic" way as a '50s Cadillac.... I'd be more than willing to shell out any price you asked!

http://www.vernparker.com/storage/59caddy.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1368047750274

Francis, this pen is lovely in its own way but it does not fit your brand identity. Purely on appearance, it is an ornamented pen and would fit in product lines from Visconti or Montblanc. There, value is dictated by how much precious material and labor goes into decoration. Conid has always been about form following function, with value lying in precision manufacturing and highly functional design.

In the past, your lovely prototypes have kept the basic Conid character while varying the material - not the appliques. Fine tools, not jewelry. Perhaps you want freedom to broaden the line and to compete in the luxury market. In that case, I congratulate Johan on his very nice design and wish you well with the strategy. Not to my taste (the arco prototype does it for me), but I am no gentleman.

I don't like the hexagons or the 'GENTLEMAN' logo, it looks like an expensive corporate gift.

I prefer the more elegant designs of striated ebonite, carbon, Arco and Antwerpen.

Pens: Conid Kingsize ebonite (x2)
Inks: 
  KWZ Dark Brown / KWZ IG Orange / Diamine Chocolate / Diamine Burnt Sienna / Diamine Ochre / Monteverde Scotch Brown

Im generally not a fan of asymmetrical patterns on my pens but I applaud Conid for trying something new and I hope they keep trying. Im sure there are plenty of people who will love the look of this pen.

I really like the pen :thumbup:

Unfortunately, it is quite a high price. I am not saying it is not good value, given the work put into it, but you have a lot of quality competition at that price point.

Francis,

I have seven Conid pens, but this one is quite different and not quite to my liking

In use today: MB LeGrand Pettit Prince and Aviator, Pelikan M100N, Conid First Production Run demonstrator.