• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MichieMiche

• mitto

• ceejaybee

• baz666

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

interesting pen. Would you show us the pen with the barrel removed? Does it say anything about the country of origin? On the cap or anywhere on the filler if in case it is an aeromatric filler pen?

Edited by mitto

Khan M. Ilyas

Maybe is a Frankenstein pen...the cap looks like Parker 51 and the pen itself looks like a english slim duofold....notice threaded section... :mellow: :(

Enteresting pen. Would you show us the pen with the barrel removed? Does it say anything about the country of origin? On the cap or anywhere on the filler if in case it is an aeromatric filler pen?

Thanks! I appreciate your interest. I have uploaded two more pics from the site.

Maybe is a Frankenstein pen...the cap looks like Parker 51 and the pen itself looks like a english slim duofold....notice threaded section... :mellow:

Hi,

I do not think that it is a Frankenstein pen. I hope that the additional pics will be helpful.

French made? Does it say made in france anywhere on the cap or on the filler?

It looks to be an open nib French made Parker 17 / 17 lady insignia.

The 18k nib suggests it is French made.

Khan M. Ilyas

French made? Does it say made in france anywhere on the cap or on the filler?

It looks to be an open nib French made Parker 17 / 17 lady insignia.

The 18k nib suggests it is French made.

Yay! Thanks :)

I'm not sure that cap has always been with that barrel and section. The Parker 17 Lady that has just been identified looks different. For a start it has a gold plated band on the section, and a barrel that doesn't have threads.

I'm not sure that cap has always been with that barrel and section. The Parker 17 Lady that has just been identified looks different. For a start it has a gold plated band on the section, and a barrel that doesn't have threads.

Thanks! I do not have the pen and am relying on pics from an auction in order to identify it. I found an identical one in an auction that ended. The pics from that auction were not as good as the pics from the one that I posted. I hope that someone will be able to provide more info on the pen.

Parker La Plume :thumbup:

eta: the threading on the barrel appears to be damaged in case you were thinking of buying it

Edited by ceejaybee

Parker La Plume :thumbup:

eta: the threading on the barrel appears to be damaged in case you were thinking of buying it

Thanks for the heads up! I think that I will leave that one alone. No one seems to know what it is...

The band on the section is missing. If you look closely at the last picture of the OP (post #5) you would clearly see a small gap between the section and the barrel at the jiont. The threads on the barrel are, however, strange as the 17 line (as far as I know) all had slip cap and not threaded cap.

An example of the open nib French P17 Lady Insignia may be seen here:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/284584-another-help-me-identify-this-parker-post/

It is almost the same as OP's pen except for the threads on the barrel end on OP's pen. As I said earler, the section band seems to have fallen away for one reason or the other.

Edited by mitto

Khan M. Ilyas

The band on the section is missing. If you look closely at the last picture of the OP (post #5) you would clearly see a small gap between the section and the barrel at the jiont. The threads on the barrel are, however, strange as the 17 line (as far as I know) all had slip cap and not threaded cap.

An example of the open nib French P17 Lady Insignia may be seen here:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/284584-another-help-me-identify-this-parker-post/

It is almost the same as OP's pen except for the threads on the barrel end on OP's pen. As I said earler, the section band seems to have fallen away for one reason or the other.

There was no section band, the gap is where the barrel threads have broken away.

There was no section band, the gap is where the barrel threads have broken away.

The band is there on this expample.

And why the threads on the barrel? The P17 has a slip cap. The examle in the linked thread also has no threads on the barrel.

Khan M. Ilyas

The band is there on this expample.

And why the threads on the barrel? The P17 has a slip cap. The examle in the linked thread also has no threads on the barrel.

mitto, they are different pens.

The pen in your link is a P17 Lady Insignia (open nib) French version.

The pen in the O.P.s post is a Parker La Plume. Check here http://parkercollector.com/laplume.html

The La Plume has no section band, different clip and attachment method, barrel threads and rounded barrel end.

Paul.

Edited by baz666

Thank, everyone! I appreciate the information. I prefer the open nibs of both models. I hope to have both the La Plume and the P17 Lady Insignia in my collection one day.

Edited by MNVBel