• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Left FPN

• Chrissy

• pajaro

• TSherbs

This is a thread of temptation.

Indeed it is. Nota bene that the rest of us appear to have given in.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

So, does the Carene not post? :(

Ian

Edited by Ian the Jock

So, does the Carene not post? :(

Ian

Post like a champ. Posts deep and secure.

Thought I never post pens.

Looking for a cap for a Sheaffer Touchdown Sentinel Deluxe Fat version

Indeed it is. Nota bene that the rest of us appear to have given in.

I've given in. ;)

I have one Carene, that is fitted with a factory CI nib, (that Waterman call a stub) but I also found 2 spare OF nibs in my drawer. I can't remember when I got those. :huh:

Thanks ink-syringe.

Thank goodness for that, not posting would have been a future deal breaker.

Ian

I've given in. ;)

I have one Carene, that is fitted with a factory CI nib, (that Waterman call a stub) but I also found 2 spare OF nibs in my drawer. I can't remember when I got those. :huh:

Chrissy, I must ask, is the section stamped CI. The stubs that have passed my way were stamped ST.

Really? Mine will not post, but I never force the issue with any pen. No posting ring for me. Maybe you could force the Carene to post with a hammer. I am not going there.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."

Chrissy, I must ask, is the section stamped CI. The stubs that have passed my way were stamped ST.

It is, but Waterman sent it to me as a stub and it was out of stock for a while before I could have it.

Really? Mine will not post, but I never force the issue with any pen. No posting ring for me. Maybe you could force the Carene to post with a hammer. I am not going there.

Paj, I have often viewed your posts concerning the Carene post issue but I have never tried posting any of mine. I did so tonight with my desk BS CT out of final curiosity and with very little pressure it does post and the cap locks securely enough to not loosen during use. I even inverted it and shook it and the cap stayed on.

Is it just the one pen you have problems with or all Carenes you have.

It is, but Waterman sent it to me as a stub and it was out of stock for a while before I could have it.

Would you take a sharp pic of the stamping and post it here. thanks

I am just wondering if it's a poorly stamped OF or OL

I bought mine as a stub, and it's marked ST, but writes much more as a cursive italic. Before I bought it, I'd read remarks on FPN that seemed to indicate that there was a lot of variation in the stub grind from pen to pen, so, as I bought it aftermarket from nibs.com (rather than getting it in a nib exchange), I requested that they try to pick out a nib with a crisper grind.

fpn_1375035941__postcard_swap.png * * * "Don't neglect to write me several times from different places when you may."
-- John Purdue (1863)

Here is a picture of my Carene stub nib. I tried to get a picture showing the imprint, but it's too difficult. However, on looking at it through a loupe, the imprint does say ST. B)

The centre of the S and the cross bar of the T look so faint that I thought it said CI :wacko:

fpn_1509874077__waterman_carene_nib_0006

Here is a picture of my Carene stub nib. I tried to get a picture showing the imprint, but it's too difficult. However, on looking at it through a loupe, the imprint does say ST. B)

The centre of the S and the cross bar of the T look so faint that I thought it said CI :wacko:

fpn_1509874077__waterman_carene_nib_0006

:bunny01: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Paj, I have often viewed your posts concerning the Carene post issue but I have never tried posting any of mine. I did so tonight with my desk BS CT out of final curiosity and with very little pressure it does post and the cap locks securely enough to not loosen during use. I even inverted it and shook it and the cap stayed on.

Is it just the one pen you have problems with or all Carenes you have.

All three, but I must be missing something. I used to think the Cross Solo wouldn't post until I discovered by chance that it clicks onto the barrel. I can be pretty obtuse sometimes.

Some have experienced problems with the latest converter (all plastic tip) but I have not. So long as it is fully inserted it should be OK. Converters are good because they allow you to fill that HUGE feed chamber and regularly keep it topped up. Every few days I check my desk pen. Hold the pen with nib vertical, slowly wind in the piston until ink is seen at the blow hole, invert the nib into ink bottle and slowly wind the piston back out. Once fully out remove the nib from ink, wind piston in 1 or 2 turns to allow a few drop of ink back into the bottle then wind it back out. You are ready to go.

Thanks for the tip. I have had a little trouble with ink coming out into the cap when the pen is stored capped, stored nib up, particularly after being filled but can happen any time. I also get some ink creep up the horns of the nib. By the way, I have two Carenes and these issues happen with both of them whether using cartridges or converters. Edited by brownargus

Favourite pens in my collection (in alpha order): Caran d'Ache Ecridor Chevron F and Leman Black/Silver F; Parker 51 Aerometric M and F; Parker 61 Insignia M, Parker Duofold Senior F; Platinum #3776 Century M; Sailor 1911 Black/Gold 21 Kt M; Sheaffer Crest Palladium M/F; Sheaffer Prelude Silver/Palladium Snakeskin Pattern F; Waterman Carene Deluxe Silver F

Thanks for the tip. I have had a little trouble with ink coming out into the cap when the pen is stored capped, stored nib up, particularly after being filled but can happen any time. I also get some ink creep up the horns of the nib. By the way, I have two Carenes and these issues happen with both of them whether using cartridges or converters.

I think this is the first time I've seen your profile name & pic together. Neat job. :D

Rocked my Carene at work today & the Carene has a fantastic long and spring-loaded clip.

Looking for a cap for a Sheaffer Touchdown Sentinel Deluxe Fat version