The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Year Of The Rooster - Question

zodiac rooster cross townsend

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 laverst1

laverst1

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 October 2017 - 13:26

Hi All. 

I wonder if anyone can help me with what a quick question?  I phoned Cross but the guy I spoke to didn't know the answer.

I bought my wife the Cross, Year of the Rooster pen for her 40th birthday.  She loves it but feels that it writes a bit broad for her taste.  I would like to replace the nib and I wondered what nib is compatible.  I have checked through the forum and from doing so I believe that the pen is essentially a Townsend.  Is that correct?  If so then I assume any Townsend nib would fit?  I have checked prices and if that is the case then it looks like for what would be about an extra £30, I would be as well buying a whole new Townsend pen with a fine nib then swapping the nibs over with my wife.

Can anyone confirm my assumptions please?  I would be very grateful. 

Sponsored Content

#2 SpecTP

SpecTP

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 October 2017 - 21:15

yes. it's a Townsend. Any Townsend nib will fit it. You can purchase alternate nibs for it from Cross too https://www.cross.co...products/86094s

#3 laverst1

laverst1

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 October 2017 - 21:48

Thank you.

#4 Sasha Royale

Sasha Royale

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,125 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 October 2017 - 21:55

Yes.  It can be done.  However, I always suggest "no cost" options, whenever possible.  Can she first try writing with lighter pressure ?  The result will be finer ink line.  It costs nothing.  Nib replacement remain an option.  

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn. 
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen: 
Verweile doch, du bist so schön ! 

#5 oneill

oneill

RETIRED MAGISTRATE

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 November 2017 - 08:17

yes. it's a Townsend. Any Townsend nib will fit it. You can purchase alternate nibs for it from Cross too https://www.cross.co...products/86094s

You have got to be JOKING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sure there is a Nib from another source which will replace the
one you have. Trust Me Oneill

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: zodiac, rooster, cross, townsend

Sponsored Content

|