I'm A Sad, Pathetic Stationery Junkie.

KreepyKen

Yes a horsie! I know exactly what you mean @DilittanteG. It’s Space themes for me, and lately National Parks. I got series D of Field Notes National Park series after receiving the first 3 sets as a subscriber. But getting them helped me get free shipping on an ink order. I actually ended up paying less once I hit free shipping (Pen Chalet).

I forgot that mint green is a color that calls at me, and uh other greens. Really we all need a rainbow of colors in our notebook covers. Oh and maps and globe images, I would get too many of those. Darn that Cavallini Company. Too many cool covers are in their offerings.

I reloaded my FAF pad. Soon I’ll need to get refills for it.

For me it's teal and crocodile/alligator skin textures and equestrian themed stuff, of course. Smythson has some of their alligator/crocodile teal leather goods on sale. I'll probably go with the more sensible brown, but I don't really need anything.

I learned a new acronym today courtesy of The Gentleman Stationer

S.A.B.L.E.: Stash Acquisition Beyond Life Expectancy.

I think I'm there.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Misfit

• inkypete

• A Smug Dill

• AmandaW

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

S.A.B.L.E.: Stash Acquisition Beyond Life Expectancy.

I think I'm there.

Oh...I reached that point some years ago but I sold off a huge stash of notebooks and still at the same status : S.A B.L.E. ( I also have a problem with Gear Acquisition Syndrome).

I take comfort we will be able to write notes long after other people run out of paper and ballpoint or gel pens (I have those also). That’s assuming we lose access to computers and smart phones.

Posted Image

I take comfort we will be able to write notes long after other people run out of paper and ballpoint or gel pens (I have those also).

And if this world runs out of paper

We'll still have our stockpiles

Nothing's gonna stop us

Nothing's gonna stop us now

​All I need is ink ...

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

And if this world runs out of paper

We'll still have our stockpiles

Nothing's gonna stop us

Nothing's gonna stop us now

​All I need is ink ...

Love what you did there.

Posted Image

I am worried - am I losing my love for stationery? I haven't bought anything new since last year.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

Inkypete! It’s been 11 days! You are our Ambassador.

Thank you for the vote of faith. I won't let you down - I'm onto it. Watch this space.

Problem solved. I have ordered a couple of the new LAMY notebooks to try. The ruling looks very interesting. I feel better now.

Problem solved. I have ordered a couple of the new LAMY notebooks to try. The ruling looks very interesting. I feel better now.

Whew, me too! ;)

Now, if I can just concentrate on using up what I already have and resisting engraved, personalized stationery for yet another year. :blush:

Please let us know how you like these once you have a chance to use them. They are for use, aren’t they?

Posted Image

Please let us know how you like these once you have a chance to use them. They are for use, aren’t they?

They are for use like the 300 plus others I have - just don't know when. I really am a sad, pathetic stationery junkie.

Well yes, that is the definition: buying notebooks not knowing when you are going to use them. But you fear the color will be discontinued, or the price will never be lower. I have a lime Leuchtturm waiting, being kept company by a red dot Army green Leuchtturm that are waiting on me to bring the Chocolate brown one I got for Christmas to keep them company. They are disenchanted because I started using the Copper Leuchtturm notebook last year then stopped. I meant to start up again though.

The composition notebooks are waiting, but hopefully, because I started using one of them, then bought another. And good thing too because those designs have not reappeared.

Posted Image

Whew, me too! ;)

Now, if I can just concentrate on using up what I already have and resisting engraved, personalized stationery for yet another year. :blush:

I have determined over the years that I have the power to transfer my job to a distant city (thus requiring a change of address) by performing the simple act of buying stationery engraved with my current address.

Since the third occurrence of this phenomenon, I have confined the engraving to just my name or some trendy icon, which is more transportable, and of course my residence has remained stable...

They are for use like the 300 plus others I have - just don't know when. I really am a sad, pathetic stationery junkie.

Wow, now I don't feel like my problem is so bad. I only have a couple thousand sheets of loose writing papers and maybe a dozen unused notebooks. I guess I can point to this thread and remain in denial.

I am worried - am I losing my love for stationery? I haven't bought anything new since last year.

Maybe you just hit on the perfect gear? I haven't bought a new notebook cover since 2017. My Onestar leather cover for the 5x8 Leuchtturm hard covers is as good as it gets. If I want better paper I have an Edison leather cover that will wrap a Rhodia web notebook, but Leuchtturm is good enough for me. And that Onestar cover is bullet proof.

I'm finding more situations at work where a padfolio that fits an 8.5x11 pad would work better, but I don't want to abandon a trusty side kick.

fpn_1579100329__img_4561.jpg

Edited by bemon

Maybe you just hit on the perfect gear? I haven't bought a new notebook cover since 2017. My Onestar leather cover for the 5x8 Leuchtturm hard covers is as good as it gets. If I want better paper I have an Edison leather cover that will wrap a Rhodia web notebook, but Leuchtturm is good enough for me. And that Onestar cover is bullet proof.

I'm finding more situations at work where a padfolio that fits an 8.5x11 pad would work better, but I don't want to abandon a trusty side kick.

Very nice, the stamped initials are a lovely touch. :thumbup:

I have quite a few leather (and other) covers too - my addiction knows no bounds. But my daily go to's are my gfeller cover and if I want something more slimline then Muji denim tag.