I'm A Sad, Pathetic Stationery Junkie.

KreepyKen

This is one of the best threads I've found here yet.

I can't reach the levels of some of your hauls since I'm a recently-graduated student, but I'm stupidly weak for stationery products in general too. I'm trying very hard not to buy a Fabriano 120g/m sketchbook for instance. And I don't even sketch.

I can't count my notebooks since they're scattered in drawers and wardrobes, but they're definitely over 20 unfinished, and twice those finished. I take notes obsessively and draw a lot concept maps to study..

Speaking of Fabriano again, I've discovered that an art supply store in a big city nearby is an official retailer for Fabriano. Damn them. Damn them and damn their shop and damn their extensive stock of Fabriano products. I'm not setting foot into that shop ever.again. Vade retro!

You mentioned sketch books. I have three large plastic storage bins of sketchbooks, and art pads of every description.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Misfit

• inkypete

• A Smug Dill

• AmandaW

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You mentioned sketch books. I have three large plastic storage bins of sketchbooks, and art pads of every description.

I am torn between asking for a picture and turning my thoughts away from boxes full of high quality paper sketchbooks.

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

I have spent years and years buying them at reduced prices but cant use them as fast as I acquire them. At my age i have a lifetime supply but still find it hard to not buy more when the price becomes extremely low. Some of my lesser tier sketchbooks i have given to my grandkids.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, I think more and more paper is being made with bamboo, and it makes better paper than bagasse. It regrows in 6 weeks, so suppliers have a continuous supply. Sugarcane can be seasonal, and with the trend towards lowering sugar consumption, it may end up drying up.

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

I haven't done it to much recently, but I have been known to go into an office supply or stationary store, just to browse....sometimes coming out having purchased something, sometimes not. It was more fun when office supply stores were small locally owned places.

Edited by Runnin_Ute

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

*waves*

Hi everyone im durianroll and Im a stationery addict.

Im kinda obsessed with planners (milligram online shopping is very addictive... and their planners are fp friendly too...). Currently using a filofax though (bringing the 80s back - despite being a 90s kid lol) with RayMay tomoe river paper refills~

Officeworks is a place I sometimes like to hangout and look for those enticing orange covered rhodia notepads and at $15 a pop, not cheap

I haven't done it to much recently, but I have been known to go into an office supply or stationary store, just to browse....sometimes coming out having purchased something, sometimes not. It was more fun when office supply stores were small locally owned places.

+1. Even when I was a kid, an office supply store was like a candy store to me.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

You are my tribe. Just the smell of paper...

I am grateful for this thread as I constantly try to rationalize my growing collection of notebooks of over 200 from Field Notes size through 8 1/2 by 11. I dont count cheap spiral notepads for disposable grocery lists etc. At least I use them. I read about someone who collected over 200 nice notebooks and NEVER used any of them. Did not want to mess them up.

I generally go through a 200 plus page A6 book for journaling about every 60 days and use smaller notebooks for other note taking. My bottom of the barrrel notebooks I paid .50 for I really should give away. I doubt I will ever get around to using them. This is crazy but I like it.

+1. Even when I was a kid, an office supply store was like a candy store to me.

I was the same way. I got excited over a good disposable ball point if it wrote smoothly. I think I was driven that way because in the 1960s my parents were always finding misc ballpoints and then dropped them into metal coffee cans. Almost none of them ever worked.

Hey hang on a minute you mean there are people out there who don't browse stationary stores. And have a box of unused notebooks stashed sorry I mean stored in a box out of site.

I can't see a problem with going into a stationary store and buying something I don't need. I even have a selection of ballpoints for form filling and occasional note taking. I also have a variety of pencils especially those nifty propelling pencils and drawing pencils just in case I learn to draw one day.

For more details on my current projects please visit my blog.

https://my63leather.wixsite.com/my63

You are my tribe. Just the smell of paper...

Oh gosh don't get me started on the smell of paper. Printed books, notebooks, sketch books, loose paper, kraft paper... When I buy or receive a new paper product, I have to sneak a quick sniff in secret because if there are people around they always look at me with an expression that says "look at this weirdo."

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

I think you should all read the book "Paper: an elegy" by Ian Sansom. I borrowed mine from the local library and I've just finished it. A good read.

Yesterday is history.

Tomorrow is a mystery.

Today is a gift.

That's why it's called the present

Looking at my hoard of notebooks I am trying to decide which one is next for my daily journal. I want to get back to my Midori but just bought Hahnemuhl notebooks and have not used them yet. I prefer to use only one notebook at a time for journaling.

At least I have plenty of options but this rabbit hole just gets more and more deep all the time; sad and pathetic yet I really feel for someone who really cannot afford to buy quality notebooks. I should count myself fortunate.

Looking at my hoard of notebooks I am trying to decide which one is next for my daily journal. I want to get back to my Midori but just bought Hahnemuhl notebooks and have not used them yet. I prefer to use only one notebook at a time for journaling.

At least I have plenty of options but this rabbit hole just gets more and more deep all the time; sad and pathetic yet I really feel for someone who really cannot afford to buy quality notebooks. I should count myself fortunate.

When I can't decide what to use from my collection, I figure it's because none of them are quite right, therefore it's time to go stationery shopping. Quite sensible really. :P

Will work for pens... :unsure:

When I can't decide what to use from my collection, I figure it's because none of them are quite right, therefore it's time to go stationery shopping. Quite sensible really. :P

Ooohhh nooo nooo nooo. Midori it is.

Despite having hundreds of notebooks I still cannot resist trying a new one that I don't have in my collection. And I have to buy a couple - if I like it and use it straight away there needs to be a back up available. This sickness just gets worse and worse.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

Despite having hundreds of notebooks I still cannot resist trying a new one that I don't have in my collection. And I have to buy a couple - if I like it and use it straight away there needs to be a back up available. This sickness just gets worse and worse.

I'm glad I'm not the only one :D don't forget about getting a few more backups for the backups when the new notebook works out well.

Which reminds me, I still got a bunch of new notebooks that I bought to test out from a few years ago :D and there is some on order waiting to be shipped to me ....

Edited by WC Lee