I'm A Sad, Pathetic Stationery Junkie.

KreepyKen

Wow, I think youre better stocked than most stores. Its like were all prepping for the zombie apocalypse.

So, if I have 200 bottles of ink and 76 pens, how much paper do I need?

Well it was for the zombie apocalypse..bought at really low clearance prices..but you will need enough paper to fill your house but leave a clear 14" path to get around.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Misfit

• inkypete

• A Smug Dill

• AmandaW

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has anyone bought the Bombay notebooks from Barnes and Noble? I dont usually buy blank page notebooks because I like lined, but maybe I need to broaden the paper in notebooks horizon. Just curious if the style of the Bombay notebooks (the tie) makes them easy to use.

I havent tried the Bombay journals, but I quite like the Graphic Image ones that Barnes and Noble carries:

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/home-gift-navy-embossed-quill-leather-journal/33400662?ean=9780641022821

I have the older version which has black bonded leather covers. The bonded covers dont hold up as well as the more expensive calfskin ones, I wish I had stored them more carefully. I havent tried these new blue ones, but they look pretty similar.

Saks off fifth online has several Graphic Image soft cover leather journals on sale. Theyre worth trying if you like high end journals:

https://www.saksoff5th.com/search/EndecaSearch.jsp?bmArch=bmForm&bmForm=endeca_search_form_one&bmArch=bmIsForm&bmIsForm=true&bmHidden=submit-search&submit-search=&bmArch=bmSingle&bmSingle=N_Dim&bmHidden=N_Dim&N_Dim=0&bmArch=bmHidden&bmHidden=Ntk&bmHidden=Ntk&Ntk=Entire+Site&bmArch=bmHidden&bmHidden=Ntx&bmHidden=Ntx&Ntx=mode%2Bmatchpartialmax&bmHidden=PA&PA=TRUE&SearchString=Graphic+image+journals

While I certainly use/enjoy the Kokuyo Campus notebooks....specifically The 30-page ones with different color covers...I MAY have bought a different pack than I intended.

The horror.

Edited by Sailor Kenshin

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

And I just bought a Crane’s softcover large leather journal. Because, um, my notebook stash needed to be an even 20? That’s a good, logical reason, right?

Right!

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

DilettanteG -

Actually, 25 is a better number. That way, if you laid them out on a table (I wouldn't, but hey, if you did) you would have five rows AND five columns. Perfectly balanced.

You need more.

DB

Grrr! I’m trying to add a photo of my notebook bought at Target today, but every single photo is too large for this forum. I’m using my phone camera. It is frustrating.

Posted Image

I’m trying to add a photo of my notebook bought at Target today, but every single photo is too large for this forum.

Are you using the Upload feature (with a limit of 2MB per image), which you can access from the top navigation bar on each page, and then embed as a link in your post, or are you trying to stick it into the content as an attachment?

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

DilettanteG -

Actually, 25 is a better number. That way, if you laid them out on a table (I wouldn't, but hey, if you did) you would have five rows AND five columns. Perfectly balanced.

You need more.

DB

I photographed my hoard of 200 new notebooks for an article about people like me and notebooks. That's when I really knew I needed to downsize.

DilettanteG -

You need more.

DB

This is why Ive bought four more notebooks since I started visiting this forum again. You just cant argue with such excellent logic.

I went to Daiso today and didn't buy a sheet of anything. I just want to apologise to my fellow addicts. I will make sure this is remedied over the coming few days.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

Grrr! I’m trying to add a photo of my notebook bought at Target today, but every single photo is too large for this forum. I’m using my phone camera. It is frustrating.

Change the resolution settings on your phone. Import the picture into Paint and re-size it.

I went to Daiso today and didn't buy a sheet of anything. I just want to apologise to my fellow addicts. I will make sure this is remedied over the coming few days.

Oh my goodness, this was terrible news.

One of my favorite Daiso finds was a paper clipper (think the PaperShark) and the fountain pens have great ink.

http://johnguylaplante.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/DSCN1512.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Are you using the Upload feature (with a limit of 2MB per image), which you can access from the top navigation bar on each page, and then embed as a link in your post, or are you trying to stick it into the content as an attachment?

Yes, the one at the top of the website.

I’m going to try the resize it in paint if I can figure that out on the iPhone 7 I have.

Posted Image

Here goes after resizing in an email. I went after the purple constellation Decomposition notebook. Could not find it. But I found this one.

com/forum/uploads/imgs/fpn_1556260964__68f5a3a8-50fb-4ca9-b67e-a12474675e8a.jpeg]fpn_1556260964__68f5a3a8-50fb-4ca9-b67e-[/url]

When using the upload tool at the top of the site, which code should be used?

Edited by Misfit
Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

Went to Muji lat Sunday and got myself a notebook that had very smooth paper, had doubts if it was fp friendly, tested it and its nice!

I was very pleasantly surprised by Muji yesterday, too, for much the same reason.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

I was very pleasantly surprised by Muji yesterday, too, for much the same reason.

I'm a Muji fan too but just be careful. The paper does change. I love their loose leaf but bought some recently and the paper was not so good compared to the previous stuff. If you find loose leaf of notebooks you like, stock up. I also like their binders, plastic and fibreboard in 2 ring and multi ring. Muji is always worth a look.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

I'm a Muji fan too but just be careful. The paper does change.

Yes, with variety store chains such as Daiso and Muji, there seems to be no global or regional product catalogues that the stores endeavour to stock comprehensively; some products could be a bit "here today, gone tomorrow", and get effectively discontinued locally once current stock of them runs out and/or "replaced" by something superficially similar but not delivering to the same specifications in every way, even without allowing for actual manufacturing changes from one batch to the next of product that shares the same product code or SKU identifier.

I recently tested and "found" a Daiso paper product (made in Japan, of course; I try to avoid their non-Japanese products) that is very fountain pen friendly, and can readily serve as an economical substitute for Rhodia No.16 notepads for my purposes, but even almost as soon as I've come to that conclusion, they seem to disappear off the shelves (in three Daiso stores near me) and not be restocked; I only managed to buy five of them in all after scouring all three stores.

In light of that experience, I rushed back to my local Muji store today as soon as I was free after a busy day out, and cleaned out of every last one on the shelves of this batch of fountain pen friendly notebook I tested last night. I will drop in again next week to see if stock has been replenished; I did ask the counter staff today whether I could get more, but they didn't look for it either on the computer or "out the back" for me. I had a look for it earlier on Muji's Australian web site, and the product isn't listed and could not be found searching by product code.

An occasional slip up is acceptable, we all have an 'off day'. laugh.png Making it a habit is a serious violation.

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.