I'm A Sad, Pathetic Stationery Junkie.

KreepyKen

Very nice, the stamped initials are a lovely touch. :thumbup:

Thanks! Onestar ain’t cheap after USD-CAD conversion but what a solidly constructed piece. I’d buy from them again.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Misfit

• inkypete

• A Smug Dill

• AmandaW

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have quite a few leather (and other) covers too - my addiction knows no bounds. But my daily go to's are my gfeller cover and if I want something more slimline then Muji denim tag.

I couldn’t see the photo is there was one. Just says “posted image” but I’ve got some other books too. Some super thin pocket sized covers from Rustico and a Canadian east coast leather shop. I can’t remember the name. But I really like this 5x8 size.

Thanks! Onestar ain’t cheap after USD-CAD conversion but what a solidly constructed piece. I’d buy from them again.

Worth it!

I just wish I knew how to stamp all the blank journals I have lying around. At least the accessories I just ordered from Smythson will have my initials. It just makes it better. No, I can't justify why.

And now for my daily confessional: I ordered two heavily discounted Aspinal journals off of eBay. Can I stop now?

Just ordered another 100 sheets of Tomoe River from Goulet tonight. Along with a bottle of Lamy Pacific, er Turquoise as the previous bottle is almost gone. Oh and two bottles of Levenger ink. Cobalt Blue and Forest Green. To go with the Emerald Green Vacumatic I bought over the weekend.

Edited by Runnin_Ute

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

I was at Walmart today, and saw a KC Chiefs section of goods. I got a flag, then saw notebooks. People were waiting on me, so I left without one. I got to thinking later which one I should get, so of course I went back.

fpn_1580117785__c341e9ff-02e2-481f-bddf-

It has pockets in front and back, one ribbon bookmark, elastic closure and an elastic pen holder. The lines are wide spaced. I used a Nemosine Singularity with 0.8mm stub nib, and there was no show through or bleed through.

The other version is gray. I chose the one I did because it reminds me of a football. It was $13.94. There is no indication of pages in the notebook. The brand is only on a piece of cardboard that slipped off. With the Chiefs in the Super Bowl, I had to get one.

Posted Image

WOW I love it.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Thank you amberleadavis. Soon you will have an NFL team in Las Vegas, one of the longtime rivals of the Chiefs. The Raiders!

The pockets do not seem roomy, maybe a page or two of paper, a ticket, slim items like that. The ruling is wide, maybe wider than standard notebook paper, the loose kind used in our schools. If it cost half as much I would get both colors. But $14, I think I’ll wait for the outcome. Maybe if it goes to the Chiefs there will be new cool items. The notebook is the same height as an A5, but not as wide.

Posted Image

I was at Walmart today, and saw a KC Chiefs section of goods. I got a flag, then saw notebooks. People were waiting on me, so I left without one. I got to thinking later which one I should get, so of course I went back.

fpn_1580117785__c341e9ff-02e2-481f-bddf-

It has pockets in front and back, one ribbon bookmark, elastic closure and an elastic pen holder. The lines are wide spaced. I used a Nemosine Singularity with 0.8mm stub nib, and there was no show through or bleed through.

The other version is gray. I chose the one I did because it reminds me of a football. It was $13.94. There is no indication of pages in the notebook. The brand is only on a piece of cardboard that slipped off. With the Chiefs in the Super Bowl, I had to get one.

You really do seem to find the most adorable notebooks!

Thank you my friend @DilittanteG

The Chiefs one was luck. I gravitated to the display area of shirts, saw flags, then the notebooks. When I went back I also got Chiefs lip balm, in smooth mint flavor. It was hard to choose colors, until I got home. Then it dawned on me that brown looked a lot like a football.

These two weeks between the AFC championship and the Super Bowl are dragging. Did you guys know that the original Chiefs owner Lamar Hunt came up with the name Super Bowl? All because his wife bought the kids Super Balls.

Oh, I took the notebook to pen club, thinking members might express wanting one. The only interest I got was the ink I used in it: Visconti Sepia.

Edited by Misfit
Posted Image

Thank you my friend @DilittanteG

The Chiefs one was luck. I gravitated to the display area of shirts, saw flags, then the notebooks. When I went back I also got Chiefs lip balm, in smooth mint flavor. It was hard to choose colors, until I got home. Then it dawned on me that brown looked a lot like a football.

These two weeks between the AFC championship and the Super Bowl are dragging. Did you guys know that the original Chiefs owner Lamar Hunt came up with the name Super Bowl? All because his wife bought the kids Super Balls.

Oh, I took the notebook to pen club, thinking members might express wanting one. The only interest I got was the ink I used in it: Visconti Sepia.

I probably still wouldn't get around to watching it, but The Super Balls name would have been a gift for memes everywhere! :D

Well after not ordering any new notebook covers since 2017, I ordered a journal cover and padfolio from Pad & Quill. I ordered an iPad sleeve from them last month for my wife and really liked their product. I don't think it'll replace my OneStar book, but I'm finding Leuchturrm notebooks harder to find in the format I like so this could be an alternative.

I've also been finding that more and more often I could use an 8.5x11" padfolio in meetings so I've been sitting on this purchase for about a year now. Not wanting to replace my OneStar cover but it'll be a nice supplemental accessory that I can leave in a desk drawer at work and pull it out when I need it those 4-5 times a month.

Anyone have any of their products?

I chanced upon Amazon AU offering Bloc Rhodia No.16 7mm-ruled notepads, containing 80 sheets of A5-sized white 80g/m² paper each, below half (at a discount of >51%) the RRP, less 10% again for Amazon Prime members for whom shipping is free, and then with ~5.1% cashback of the GST-inclusive amount through an external scheme — bringing the effective cost down to a smidgen over what I'd pay for a typical item in a Daiso store here. These have orange covers, blue horizontal lines and a red margin line on each page, and are not my preferred type (which is the ones with the white covers), but at the price I couldn't resist. There was a hard limit set for the product, so I ordered every last unit it would let me (revised down from the hard limit to match stock levels).

Also on offer was the Bloc R No.16 7mm-ruled notepads, containing 70 sheets of A5-sized ivory 90g/m² paper each, at ~49% off the RRP, less 10% for Prime, with ~5.1% cashback. I cleaned those out too.

As soon as my order was processed, Amazon AU's list prices for those items went back to RRP (but 10% discount for Prime and the ~5.1% cashback would still apply).

Just now I went to check on the status of that order, and saw Amazon AU offering Bloc Rhodia No.16 lined notepads with white covers at a discount of >31% off the RRP, less 10% for Prime, with cashback. Being the junkie that I am, I cleaned those out too, even though I still have a few of those from my last order with Milligram. (The list price has gone straight back up after my order was placed.)

Even if the planets aligned, and Milligram were able to offer a single lot of 15+ units (with bulk discount of 15%) from available stock, on one of those rare occasions when a 20%-off site-wide discount campaign is in play, it'd still cost more than this to buy from Milligram.

ALERT: I went to Milligram's web site just now to check on the details of my previous orders, and was taken aback to see that it has put the list price of (just about every variant of) Rhodia No.16 80g/m² notepads up to A$8.95 from A$6.95, and removed previously available bulk discounts (5% off for 5–9 units, 10% off for 10–14 units, 15% off for 15 or more units). So, whereas previously it would cost $88.61 to buy 15 units (before applying site-wide discounts), now it would cost $134.25 — a massive 51.5% increase!

Oh, and Milligram increased its list price for 50ml bottles of Pilot Iroshizuku ink by 17.9%.

Grrr! I just received half of my first order — more than 4kg of paper products inside a simple shipping carton with all of one tiny air pillow for void fill, and plenty of room for the items to move around inside — and some of the Rhodia notepads were neither shrink-wrapped nor strapped together to prevent them from opening. A couple of them arrived with badly creased covers and top several sheets, and a few others have bent corners.

It's something I had complained to Amazon before, but they never "learn" or change their packing practices when there are lots of heavy paper products (books, etc.) inside an oversized box...

Edited by A Smug Dill

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

I found a five pack of Levenger's Luxe Freeleaf pads for half off, so I snagged them. Supposedly, they're the same as the fountain pen friendly pads, just with out the blotter sheets. And I've had a very stern talk with myself that this will be the last impulse buy for awhile, so cross your fingers for me. I have enough pens, inks, papers and accessories to last me for the foreseeable future. I'm going straight, man! I'm swearing off the hard stuff!

I might even (feels faint for a moment) DOWNSIZE. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go lie down for awhile.

I might even (feels faint for a moment) DOWNSIZE. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go lie down for awhile.

Going to replace the US Letter pads for Monarch pads?

Sigh. I just saw an offer from Milligram for Rhodia A4 80g/m² ruled notepads forA$3 apiece, with free shipping included if you clean out its entire stock...

Update: It's quite a surprise that Milligram has sent me the full order of 24 notepads — the minimum such that my order would qualify for free domestic delivery — according to the shipping notification I received just now. What's more, it appears that it is in a position to accept another order of 24 units (now that it has had time to change the available units on its web shop platform to reflect the decrease due my previous order; it's my understanding that those stock level updates are neither immediately nor fully automatic).

Edited by A Smug Dill

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

After the Chiefs won the Super Bowl, I noticed through their app a link to a store that they had the same cover with Champions on it. Not at Walmart, so I ordered one (for too much more: $7) plus a few other things. That got free shipping.

What will I write in it, that is the question of a sad, pathetic stationery junkie.

Even more junkie like, I’m thinking about buying the gray version of the one I shared a photo of. It is a nice shade of gray.

Posted Image

What will I write in it, that is the question of a sad, pathetic stationery junkie.

Even more junkie like, I’m thinking about buying the gray version of the one I shared a photo of. It is a nice shade of gray.

Right there with you! I liked those Levenger Luxe Freeleaf pads so much that I went ahead and bought the Outlet's last pack of five. And, after looking at the prices of the Tomoe River pads, I may order some more of the Rhodia A4s. I was going to tough it out with my old Southworth 1824 pads, but they feel like writing on paper towels after the other nicer ones.