The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Review - Lamy Aion

lamy aion studio 2000 al-star

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Jaydo

Jaydo

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 October 2017 - 00:18

+1

Great looking pen and great review. Already on my fountain-pen-to-buy list

sad thing is though, takes decades for pens to trickle into little old Nz and in Remuera where I am living, there's literally on one miniature stationary shop that either doesn't have the pen or sells it with ridiculous margins compared to amazon.

Sponsored Content

#22 5Cavaliers

5Cavaliers

Ageless with time

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,300 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 October 2017 - 01:55

+1

Great looking pen and great review. Already on my fountain-pen-to-buy list

sad thing is though, takes decades for pens to trickle into little old Nz and in Remuera where I am living, there's literally on one miniature stationary shop that either doesn't have the pen or sells it with ridiculous margins compared to amazon.

Thank you for the comments!  The only way I would have ever gotten this pen was by seeing it in person on a business trip through Frankfurt.  I actually bought it for myself for my birthday.  I do understand about the dirth of brick and mortar stores that sell pens, inks and stationary.  The nearest one to me is hundreds of miles away.  

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours.  When it is gone, it is gone.  Be wise, but enjoy!  - anonymous today

#23 ParkerDuofold

ParkerDuofold

Jersey Boy

• Remembered Fondly
  • 3,368 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 October 2017 - 13:04

Hi Deborah,

Thank you for taking the time and effort to write this great review. :thumbup:

My original plan was to get the olive-silver one, but I think I'll opt for the black instead... it has that classic elegance vibe going for it.

Again, great review... thank you. Be well. :)

- Anthony

EDITED to lighten up. :D

Edited by ParkerDuofold, 01 November 2017 - 04:09.

With thanks to my Mom & Dad; who taught me to run free, but not run wild.

Please pray the Rosary daily. Thank You, St. Jude, for favors granted. :)

Grab life with both arms and give it a bear hug every day! :D

#24 ParkerDuofold

ParkerDuofold

Jersey Boy

• Remembered Fondly
  • 3,368 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 October 2017 - 13:14

...I am not a big fan of Lamy inks...

Hello, again, Deborah,

Their black and turquoise are excellent inks... the rest you can keep. :)

- A.C.

#25 JasonF2

JasonF2

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 November 2017 - 02:29

I'm surprised this pen hasn't made it to the US yet. Someone had one at the SF show back in August and I was impressed. It's feels like quite a nice pen for the price point. I think it will do well alongside the Studio, as it really doesn't feel like a similar pen. I have several Studios and will likely pick up an Aion. I forgot if the nibs are interchangeable, hopefully, as I prefer the gold nibs on Studios.

#26 mitto

mitto

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,276 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 November 2017 - 05:16

Thank you for the review. Seems a good pen.
Khan M. Ilyas

#27 5Cavaliers

5Cavaliers

Ageless with time

• Member - Gold

• 3,300 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 November 2017 - 04:39

Hi Deborah,

Thank you for taking the time and effort to write this great review. :thumbup:

My original plan was to get the olive-silver one, but I think I'll opt for the black instead... it has that classic elegance vibe going for it.

Again, great review... thank you. Be well. :)

- Anthony

EDITED to lighten up. :D

Thank you.  I agree, the black is much nicer.  

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours.  When it is gone, it is gone.  Be wise, but enjoy!  - anonymous today

#28 5Cavaliers

5Cavaliers

Ageless with time

• Member - Gold

• 3,300 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 November 2017 - 04:40

Hello, again, Deborah,

Their black and turquoise are excellent inks... the rest you can keep. :)

- A.C.

I might agree about the turquoise ink.  I don't use black ink hardly ever. 

#29 5Cavaliers

5Cavaliers

Ageless with time

• Member - Gold

• 3,300 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 November 2017 - 04:45

I'm surprised this pen hasn't made it to the US yet. Someone had one at the SF show back in August and I was impressed. It's feels like quite a nice pen for the price point. I think it will do well alongside the Studio, as it really doesn't feel like a similar pen. I have several Studios and will likely pick up an Aion. I forgot if the nibs are interchangeable, hopefully, as I prefer the gold nibs on Studios.

When I picked mine up in Germany, the Lamy salesman said that they weren't selling in the US yet.  They wanted to try them in Europe first.  

The Aion is different that the Studio.  It has an altogether different feel.  I like them both, but for different reasons.  Also, although I think the nibs will fit on either pen, I am not sure if they behave the same.  The sides of the Aion nib are more contoured and it appears to be slightly arched.  I am sure that someone will try them out and let us know if changing the nibs works as well as the original.  But truthfully, I am very happy with the nib that came on the pen.  

#30 5Cavaliers

5Cavaliers

Ageless with time

• Member - Gold

• 3,300 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 November 2017 - 23:06

For those who are interested, Colorado Pen has just announced that they will be receiving a shipment of Lamy Aions on November 17. 

Here's the link:  

http://www.coloradop...ASAAEgJSJfD_BwE

I am not affiliated in any way with Colorado Pen.  I just like to spread the love. 

#31 ParkerDuofold

ParkerDuofold

Jersey Boy

• Remembered Fondly
  • 3,368 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 November 2017 - 05:02

For those who are interested, Colorado Pen has just announced that they will be receiving a shipment of Lamy Aions on November 17. 

Here's the link:  

http://www.coloradop...ASAAEgJSJfD_BwE

I am not affiliated in any way with Colorado Pen.  I just like to spread the love. 

Thanks, Dr.P.,... I'll be keeping an eye out for it... I wonder if that's when the green Studio will be released, too? :unsure:

- Anthony

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lamy, aion, studio, 2000, al-star

Sponsored Content

|