The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

First Foray Into British Vintage Pens

de la rue

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Pennenut

Pennenut

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 October 2017 - 02:50

I am waiting to receive a De La Rue Junior Pen with a warranted 14k no 22 fine nib. Are there any Da La Rue owners among the fpn community? What can I expect from this pen in terms of writing characteristics and build quality?

Sponsored Content

#2 Cob

Cob

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,766 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:35

I have owned only one De La Rue pen, but had had plenty of Onotos, some with the 22 nibs.

Overall the quality will be fine.  I have found the writing characteristics of the nibs to be quite variable as indeed I do with my speciality, Mabie Todd!

I fear that you will have to be patient and await the pen's arrival!

Cob

fpn_1428963683__6s.jpg “The pen of the British Empire” fpn_1423349537__swan_sign_is.jpg

#3 MalcolmH

MalcolmH

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,392 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 November 2017 - 11:31

I have but one De La Rue pen, and it has a # 17 nib. The quality of the pen, and the writing experience, are both very good. It is, in fact, one of my favourite vintage pens.

Have you received yours, yet?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: de la rue

Sponsored Content

|