Papier Plume New Orleans Collection

MHBru

I'll be in New Orleans later this week and plan to stop by this store. It just looks too cool to pass up. I have been using Iroshizuku almost exclusively and am in love with them. I've sampled Edelstein as well and liked them. I write with Pelikan 800s a a fine nib. Although this PP collection is noted as limited supply i am hoping to find some of this collection esp the Indian purple. Does anyone have thoughts, opinions, hearsay or gossip?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MHBru

• Carrau

• sharonspens

• PS104

This store was a Mecca when I visited New Orleans last year. And I was not disappointed. I bought a couple of glass pens and a couple of their New Orleans based inks (my favorite was (is) the Street Car Green - so reminiscent of the street car trolley). When I said I was traveling they wrapped up the glass pens so they would survive the trip. They did. I can't recommend them high enough.

Go ! !

I haven't been to this store in years because I haven't been to New Orleans, but have recommended it to anyone I know who is heading to New Orleans. I got a set of their ink samples through Ink Journal, and really enjoyed Mardi Gras Indian Purple.

They have been quite pleasant via email, and shipped promptly when asked. Should be an enjoyable trip.

Sharon in Indiana

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Earnest Hemingway

Most who have visited there and posted on FPN have seemed delighted with their visit there. I have a couple,of their inks and have enjoyed them. Ink reviews seem to be very positive as well. Have fun.

Thanks everyone! The place was great. I only wish I knew that the owner does a little nib work. I would have brought my scratchy M205 but hardly a tragedy. I got two inks. Oyster grey (thank you for the menfions) and Christoph Midnight Emerald. Also a teal gel refill for my K800 ball point plus an A5 Rhodia Meeting book... I really enjoy using Cornell formatted pages. The place was very chill and the people were really helpful. Glad I got there!

Edited by MHBru

I haven't been there yet (grunt) but have bought all of their LE inks online and by phone. It was a pleasure. I can't recommend them highly enough, either!

:) :) :)

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

Well that stinks. I went there with a specific interest in Indian Purple but took a pass because it looked too similar to the Caran d'Ache Ultra Violet that I already own. They didn't mention any new inks. I would have been very interested in seeing it. Oh well...

I believe the new ink Samhain, may be a limited edition ink, or at present, may just be limited in availability. The email I received from Papier Plume yesterday afternoon referred to it as “Limited Run” and “limited ink” without details. I know they were giving this ink away yesterday at the Fountain Pen Day get together in New Orleans, so perhaps they were trying to have enough of it available for that event, given that they were only able to make a small batch. On their website, a search for Samhain shows it is out of stock. In the past, some of their inks have been initially difficult to obtain, being sold out quickly. They often appear later with more reliable availability. I’d subscribe to their email notices, as they give subscribers a heads up when their new inks are going to be available. I hope that helps.