In C/C pens I am very much a cartridge user and don't like converters. The Cross cartridges I used for many years contained Pelikan ink. I recently used my Cross Verve FP for the first time in a while with brand new cartridges and I want to confirm that something is different. The color is much more medium blue, without the purple hints of the Pelikan royal blue. It also says that it is archival and made in China. Does anyone know about the provenance of this ink? It is quite dry writing.
FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
New Production Cross Ink Cartridges
Posted 23 October 2017 - 17:26
Now that I have more experience with these new cartridges I am a bit displeased. Flow is not good and color is weak. Bring back the old Cross/Pelikan carts! To make matters worse the converter is completely inadequate, with a small capacity. It's too bad because the Verve is a great, discontinued pen.
Posted 11 November 2017 - 14:21
Sorry for a late reply.
I seem to remember, that years ago, in my first years here on FPN, there was mentioning that the Pelikan ink dit not perform well in the cartridges, and Cross changed ink manufacturers for the cartridges only. The bottles remained Pelikan sourced.
A year or 2-3 ago, Cross changed ownership (and acquired Sheaffer in the process) and it may well be possible that since then they changed ink suppliers again.
Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.
Posted 11 November 2017 - 14:37