The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

New Production Cross Ink Cartridges

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Chris C

Chris C

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 20:26

In C/C pens I am very much a cartridge user and don't like converters. The Cross cartridges I used for many years contained Pelikan ink. I recently used my Cross Verve FP for the first time in a while with brand new cartridges and I want to confirm that something is different. The color is much more medium blue, without the purple hints of the Pelikan royal blue. It also says that it is archival and made in China. Does anyone know about the provenance of this ink? It is quite dry writing.

Sponsored Content

#2 Chris C

Chris C

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 17:26

Now that I have more experience with these new cartridges I am a bit displeased. Flow is not good and color is weak. Bring back the old Cross/Pelikan carts! To make matters worse the converter is completely inadequate, with a small capacity. It's too bad because the Verve is a great, discontinued pen.

#3 RMN

RMN

Ancient Artifact

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,291 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 November 2017 - 14:21

Sorry for a late reply.

I seem to remember, that years ago, in my first years here on FPN, there was mentioning that the Pelikan ink dit not perform well in the cartridges, and Cross changed ink manufacturers for the cartridges only. The bottles remained Pelikan sourced.

A year or 2-3 ago, Cross changed ownership (and acquired Sheaffer in the process) and it may well be possible that since then they changed ink suppliers again.

D.ick

~

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

#4 Chris C

Chris C

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 14:37

Thanks for your information. I think the Pelikan ink actually did perform well. I have more than a few pens, so I don’t expect to write with the Verve very often.

Sponsored Content

|