Waltz For Zizi

49 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy it?

Yes. In a heartbeat!

The intuition wood is an amazing pen, very well balanced and with a large (#6) nib to die for. For those that like smooth nibs, it is hard to beat GvFC.

Not to mention that it is going out of production and the prices are going up like crazy. You cannot get one of these new for less than $470-500 (in fact, my son just bought one at that price that is en route right now. I wish I had the dough to buy another one for me).

@Schadenfreude, the Intuition wood is actually a very good pen for long writing sections and it is thicker than the pilot Falcon (in fact, much thicker). I believe you are thinking of the GvFC Classic, which is indeed thinner (but still very comfortable IMO).

This is a very eye-opening topic. While the pen is not to my taste, I like reading about it. I enjoy reading the reasons why people like the pen.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Waltz For Zizi

• jar

• pen tom

• MsRedpen

http://www.fototime.com/09EBE18E95219D2/medium800.jpg

I see you have the smaller one also. I'm also planing og getting an ivory one. I personaly find the small nib a little soft, which I quite like. Would you say that the bigger nib is as soft or softer/harder?

I see you have the smaller one also. I'm also planing og getting an ivory one. I personaly find the small nib a little soft, which I quite like. Would you say that the bigger nib is as soft or softer/harder?

Never really noticed soft/hard but did prefer the standard size over the larger size.

http://www.fototime.com/EB50EB884E08D8E/medium800.jpg

http://www.fototime.com/E709C84FA0B6CF7/medium800.jpg

My Website

Never really noticed soft/hard but did prefer the standard size over the larger size.

http://www.fototime.com/EB50EB884E08D8E/medium800.jpg

http://www.fototime.com/E709C84FA0B6CF7/medium800.jpg

I don't have the larger one. I only have a GvFC Classic, which I really like the feel of the nib, more than the feel of my M200/600 Pelikan nibs, though Pelikan is my favourite brand. So I was wondering if the writing experience was the same.

But why do you prefer the smaller one?

Yes. In a heartbeat!

The intuition wood is an amazing pen, very well balanced and with a large (#6) nib to die for. For those that like smooth nibs, it is hard to beat GvFC.

Not to mention that it is going out of production and the prices are going up like crazy. You cannot get one of these new for less than $470-500 (in fact, my son just bought one at that price that is en route right now. I wish I had the dough to buy another one for me).

@Schadenfreude, the Intuition wood is actually a very good pen for long writing sections and it is thicker than the pilot Falcon (in fact, much thicker). I believe you are thinking of the GvFC Classic, which is indeed thinner (but still very comfortable IMO).

Oh yes sorry i didn't notice the difference. I think it's preference, thin barrel gets me in the way of looking at what i write. Maybe because I am left handed. I am still trying to learn a new way to write so i too can use it.

People who know my name, dont know my work. People who know my work, dont know my name.

I don't have the larger one. I only have a GvFC Classic, which I really like the feel of the nib, more than the feel of my M200/600 Pelikan nibs, though Pelikan is my favourite brand. So I was wondering if the writing experience was the same.

But why do you prefer the smaller one?

The size and feel and light weight and concave section and balance.

My Website

Unfortunately I couldn't buy it, although the seller was about to ship it to me a few days ago, he sold it to someone else, that didn't require it to be shipped. I'm so sad :(

• 2 weeks later...

yes for sure

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

I have sweaty hands. Is this a concern with wood pens? Especially with this one that does not have any laquer on it.

I don't have particularly dry or sweaty hands, no problems with my Ambition in pearwood.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

I voted no. It's not for long time writing. At least for me there is nothing relaxing when writing with thinner barrel, and yet i have small, typical female hands. For the price i would have saved more for something like Pilot Falcon.

That's a much thicker pen than the rest of the GvFC line.

I REALLY REALLY don't understand why people voted no on this. Worst case scenario you don't like the pen and you can resell it at a pretty significant profit easily.

I think most of the no voters have never used a GvFC. They may look funny but they are spectacular pens.