The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Would You Buy It?

graf von faber castell platino grenadilla intuition

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Poll: Would You Buy It? (49 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you buy it?

1. Yes (23 votes [46.94%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 46.94%

2. No (26 votes [53.06%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 53.06%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 pen tom

pen tom

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 01:42

Yes. In a heartbeat!

The intuition wood is an amazing pen, very well balanced and with a large (#6) nib to die for. For those that like smooth nibs, it is hard to beat GvFC. 

Not to mention that it is going out of production and the prices are going up like crazy. You cannot get one of these new for less than $470-500 (in fact, my son just bought one at that price that is en route right now. I wish I had the dough to buy another one for me).

@Schadenfreude, the Intuition wood is actually a very good pen for long writing sections and it is thicker than the pilot Falcon (in fact, much thicker). I believe you are thinking of the GvFC Classic, which is indeed thinner (but still very comfortable IMO).

This is a very eye-opening topic. While the pen is not to my taste, I like reading about it. I enjoy reading the reasons why people like the pen.

Sponsored Content

#22 jar

jar

A Vintage Pen has to be older than me.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,159 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 October 2017 - 11:00

medium800.jpg

My Sister's website :  Rose Hill Studios

My Website

#23 Waltz For Zizi

Waltz For Zizi

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 October 2017 - 11:04

medium800.jpg

I see you have the smaller one also. I'm also planing og getting an ivory one. I personaly find the small nib a little soft, which I quite like. Would you say that the bigger nib is as soft or softer/harder?

#24 jar

jar

• Member - Gold

• 26,159 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 October 2017 - 11:08

I see you have the smaller one also. I'm also planing og getting an ivory one. I personaly find the small nib a little soft, which I quite like. Would you say that the bigger nib is as soft or softer/harder?

Never really noticed soft/hard but did prefer the standard size over the larger size.

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

My Website

#25 Waltz For Zizi

Waltz For Zizi

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 October 2017 - 11:12

Never really noticed soft/hard but did prefer the standard size over the larger size.

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

I don't have the larger one. I only have a GvFC Classic, which I really like the feel of the nib, more than the feel of my M200/600 Pelikan nibs, though Pelikan is my favourite brand. So I was wondering if the writing experience was the same.
But why do you prefer the smaller one?

#26 Schadenfreude

Schadenfreude

Blank Starer

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 October 2017 - 14:23

Yes. In a heartbeat!

The intuition wood is an amazing pen, very well balanced and with a large (#6) nib to die for. For those that like smooth nibs, it is hard to beat GvFC. 

Not to mention that it is going out of production and the prices are going up like crazy. You cannot get one of these new for less than $470-500 (in fact, my son just bought one at that price that is en route right now. I wish I had the dough to buy another one for me).

@Schadenfreude, the Intuition wood is actually a very good pen for long writing sections and it is thicker than the pilot Falcon (in fact, much thicker). I believe you are thinking of the GvFC Classic, which is indeed thinner (but still very comfortable IMO).

Oh yes sorry i didn't notice the difference. I think it's preference, thin barrel gets me in the way of looking at what i write. Maybe because I am left handed. I am still trying to learn a new way to write so i too can use it.
People who know my name, dont know my work. People who know my work, dont know my name.

#27 jar

jar

• Member - Gold

• 26,159 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 October 2017 - 17:51

I don't have the larger one. I only have a GvFC Classic, which I really like the feel of the nib, more than the feel of my M200/600 Pelikan nibs, though Pelikan is my favourite brand. So I was wondering if the writing experience was the same.
But why do you prefer the smaller one?

The size and feel and light weight and concave section and balance.

My Website

#28 Waltz For Zizi

Waltz For Zizi

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 October 2017 - 14:07

Unfortunately I couldn't buy it, although the seller was about to ship it to me a few days ago, he sold it to someone else, that didn't require it to be shipped. I'm so sad :(

#29 georges zaslavsky

georges zaslavsky

vintageandmodernpenslover

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,078 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 November 2017 - 19:44

yes for sure

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

#30 SenZen

SenZen

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 20:17

I have sweaty hands. Is this a concern with wood pens? Especially with this one that does not have any laquer on it.

I don't have particularly dry or sweaty hands, no problems with my Ambition in pearwood.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

#31 AD43

AD43

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 November 2017 - 00:07

Great price for the thing, but not for me.

#32 flipper_gv

flipper_gv

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 November 2017 - 02:59

I voted no. It's not for long time writing. At least for me there is nothing relaxing when writing with thinner barrel, and yet i have small, typical female hands. For the price i would have saved more for something like Pilot Falcon.

That's a much thicker pen than the rest of the GvFC line.

I REALLY REALLY don't understand why people voted no on this. Worst case scenario you don't like the pen and you can resell it at a pretty significant profit easily.

#33 Rose Nibs

Rose Nibs

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:24

I think most of the no voters have never used a GvFC. They may look funny but they are spectacular pens.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: graf von faber castell, platino, grenadilla, intuition

Sponsored Content

|