The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Hello From North Carolina, Usa

intro introduction

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 MG66

MG66

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 October 2017 - 17:06

Welcome aboard, MG, from a neighbor a bit to the south, in Charleston. If you are a newbie, you might look at the Reference Pages on a website called Richard's Pens: it has a wealth of info about the basics of fountain pens, their use and care, and it will help you avoid making some mistakes. A couple of other websites with useful information for newbies include PenChalet, Jetpens and the Goulet Pen Company. Goulet has made quite a few videos available on their website and on YouTube, which are helpful with some procedures related to FP use. Bear in mind that how your writing appears on the page is a complex interplay of pen, paper, nib, ink, and handwriting, so be patient as you experiment with these variables. Enjoy, and good luck.
Mike

Thanks, Mike.  I will take a look at that page.  I've placed several orders with Goulet already and have a pretty hefty wishlist with them!  

I'm already experiencing the idea of "if only I could get this pen to write a little more like that one with this ink and that paper..."   A journey indeed.

- MG

Oh, I know this of myself

I assume as much for other people

We’ve listened more to life’s end gong

Than the sound of life’s sweet bells

Sponsored Content

#22 Bisquitlips

Bisquitlips

Bisquitlips

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts