Conid Antwerppen Regular Pen

oldrifleman

My Regular has a color closest to a Rosa Canina fruit:

https://ogrod.smcloud.net/s/photos/t/9759/owoce_dzikiej_rozy_777882.jpg

Vivid, bright and intense, with pattern reminding of fish scales underneath. Photos from oldrifleman seem to be too dark, compared to my pen, but maybe there are differences between them. Anyway, this is something I was long time waiting for - Conid pen which is neither black-with-something nor transparent-with-something.

Thank you for the description of the colour. :)

I really want to buy another Conid so that I can use the bulkfiller system (have a monarch which has been reduced to syringe filling after screwing out the nib unit since the section absorbs ink). Only concern is that it will be my last Conid, and I don't want to see another one in future and regret the purchase. Under any circumstances i will not be buy a third Conid.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• half_inked_one

• Mew

• mauckcg

• oldrifleman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not sure about the colour but a Conid -probably the Kingsize- is certainly on my list after I get my KOP I have on order. I love the utilitarian look and the attention to detail of the Conids. Enjoy them.

Gistar

A note to anyone considering this version as his/hers first Conid pen - Antwerppen does not come with tools for disassembly. I have ordered them immediately with additional stub nib, so I have to wait for delivery. The thing is, piston works as if it was not greased - requires a bit of force to move, and moves in a jerky way; dangerous when you have nib in a glass bottle with ink.

I thought the behaviour will change after second fill or after flushing with water, but no improvement - so good the tools will be soon delivered.

god I wish I could afford one. I still need to buy a venvastas too.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

I am with you in both ways....

A note to anyone considering this version as his/hers first Conid pen - Antwerppen does not come with tools for disassembly. I have ordered them immediately with additional stub nib, so I have to wait for delivery. The thing is, piston works as if it was not greased - requires a bit of force to move, and moves in a jerky way; dangerous when you have nib in a glass bottle with ink.

I thought the behaviour will change after second fill or after flushing with water, but no improvement - so good the tools will be soon delivered.

I just received my pen today as well and am experiencing the same stuck piston. Its quite disconcerting. I really think they should include the tool when shipping these to retail. Now I have a pen Im afraid to use because I cant properly grease it yet. I got the piston to move, but its an unnatural amount of pressure.

The nib is perfect though 👌

I just received my pen today as well and am experiencing the same stuck piston. Its quite disconcerting. I really think they should include the tool when shipping these to retail. Now I have a pen Im afraid to use because I cant properly grease it yet. I got the piston to move, but its an unnatural amount of pressure.

The nib is perfect though

The two i have are about a year old now and they do feel as if they need greased. These pens are a bit tougher than you expect so you don't have to be overly gentle with them.

Lovely acquisition indeed. Love the colours & hues in red, very remarkable indeed

Recently Conid seems to have removed Titan-fine nib options from most of its stock pens.

Any specific reason for this, or may be I missed some communication?

Edited by sannidh

You have come to earth to entertain and to be entertained - P.Y

Some Pen & Paraphernalia Reviews

Lovely acquisition indeed. Love the colours & hues in red, very remarkable indeed

Recently Conid seems to have removed Titan-fine nib options from most of its stock pens.

Any specific reason for this, or may be I missed some communication?

Probably just out of stock for the moment.

Nice review! Looks like a relly nice red.

If it is not too much...

Could you post a writing sample with steel and with Titanium nib....?

Please.....? :-)

The nib is perfect though

Curious; Why not send it back to Francis and have him fix the piston lubrication system properly?

You are all so fortunate to be able to own one of these Conid pens, and some of you own multiples...... I just can’t wait to save up the money to be able to get one for myself one day........

I agree that, like with TWSBI, the necessary tools should be included with a hands-on pen like this.

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde

Curious; Why not send it back to Francis and have him fix the piston lubrication system properly?

Well, I have planned to disassemble it anyway and see if it is easy enough. In case a bit of silicon grease solves all the issues in one go, I would save myself hassle of "sending it to Belgium - waiting for corrections - waiting for the courier" cycle. Plus, I really enjoy using it!

In case the issue is not solved, I will obviously contact Conid company.

Pens are easily disassembled. I never disassemble any of my pens but Conid was super easy. Silicon grease will resolve your problem of stuck Piston. Need to have the tools though.

Yesterday came the parcel with tools from Conid. Antwerppen Regular has been disassembled, cleaned and greased - no improvement, piston still works in a hard and jerky way; this is just dangerous for the nib, if by a sudden jump of the pen during refill from bottle it will hit bottom of the bottle.

This means it is time to contact Conid company.

I am with you in both ways....

I have two of each. 180 degrees different, but each has its own charm.

the Danitrio Fellowship