Prototypes Kingsize Bulkfiller In Japanese Hard Rubber

fountainbel

Hi Francis,

All 3 pens look great, but my favourite would be the blue one. I prefer the clip shape on the blue one.

As they are made from Ebonite, will they absorb ink when dipped into ink for filling? My Monarch does absorb ink.

Hi Mew,

Avoiding the risk of ink absorption inherent to colored ebonite - containing a high percentage of color pigments - I've made the section in black ebonite.

Francis

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountainbel

• Lloyd

• da vinci

• Mulrich

Looks great. But I'd also be interested in an ebonite (even if just black!) version of the Minimalistica also :-)

Thanks, but I doubt if Conid will start making the Minimalistca in other materials.

However I will ask them!

Francis

Hi Mew,

Avoiding the risk of ink absorption inherent to colored ebonite - containing a high percentage of color pigments - I've made the section in black ebonite.

Francis

Thank you for the response. :)

Black section should certainly help. My Monarch has the orange ebonite section and the pen has been reduced to syringe filling by screwing the nib unit out since the section absorbs ink.

I really want a Conid that looks attractive and I can use the filling system without worries of stained section etc.

Hi all!

Below a picture of the "orange" fountain pen with the cap off, allowing to see the ink window.

As you can see I've installed a black section.

Due to the high percentage of color pigments colored ebonite is in most cases somewhat hygroscopic, hence I wanted to avoid ink penetration and partial discoloration of the section when putting the front of the section in the ink during the filling process.

Regards,

Francis

PS : Sorry , the picture is not optimal, it just started to rain !

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h89/fountainbel/Fountainbel%20Bulk%20filler/2017-10-252015.41.57.jpg

Hi all,

Conid has to decide which clip shape they will definitively use on their Kingsize pens.

In my initial posting the rounded clip fingers ( on two pens ) are not rectangular but conical.

This conical form is however more expensive to make and Conid will not proceed with these

Attached a picture showing the 2 alternative clip versions which remain possible.

However for standardization reason Conid will only make on of these two versions.

Which is your preferred clip finger shape, rectangular of rounded rectangular ??

Thanks in advance for your valued input !

Regards,

Francis

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h89/fountainbel/Fountainbel%20Bulk%20filler/2017-10-252017.58.32.jpg

Hi Francis,

I strongly prefer the clip with the rounded ends. The squared clip looks "cheap"to me,

too much resemblance with ballpoints.

Regards

Rob

[ squared shaped clip ]

gets my vote. Looks more modern to my eye.

P.S black section is gorgeous.

Edited by Tas

What's a clip finger? I don't have a strong preference between the two shapes shown above.

The clip "finger" on the pen on top features square ends, the one below features "rounded ends.

Francis

[ squared shaped clip ]

gets my vote. Looks more modern to my eye.

P.S black section is gorgeous.

+1 on clip and section

247254751_TSUKI-Yo_emptycompressedverkleind.gif.bfc6147ec85572db950933e0fa1b6100.gif

Rounded...primarily because the square one looks folded and like it might catch on pocket material.

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde

Rounded...primarily because the square one looks folded and like it might catch on pocket material.

Hi Lloyd,

Thanks for your input !

The clip is completely machined from a titanium bar, nothing is bend nor folded !

Note all edges on the complete clip are lightly rounded and very smooth.

Francis

Rounded, if I had to pick, bUT I would prefer a square top (at thr clip ring) and rounded bottom.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

I had no doubt that the clip was solid. It's only that it resembles a folded clip.

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde