The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

College Student Looking For New Pen

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 dogpoet

dogpoet

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,283 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 18:50

Steven Austin the former pro wrestler or Steven Austin the Six Million Dollar Man?    Not that they are significantly different in strength :)

I was thinking of the guy who founded the Texas Rangers, actually.

;)

(Kidding, of course. It has to be the proper Steve Austin who defeated a furry-ed up Andre The Giant, not the wrassler who impersonated him...)

Sponsored Content

#42 Shaggy

Shaggy

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 19:40

I recommend the Pilot Kakuno (roughly 13$), a nicely-sized plastic pen with EF, F or M nibs to choose from. If you find the colorful caps childish remember that there is an all dark gray model and a demonstrator model. If you don't want to stick to cartridges you need to buy either the Pilot Con-40 or Con-50 converter. You can use the longer Con-70 only with the clear/demonstrator model or with the models that have a white barrel, not the dark gray barrel. Remember this.

Only the very first release of dark gray barrel pens didn't fit the con 70. All Kakuno pens have fit the con 70 for at least the past three years.

#43 RoyalBlueNotebooks

RoyalBlueNotebooks

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 October 2017 - 12:01

Only the very first release of dark gray barrel pens didn't fit the con 70. All Kakuno pens have fit the con 70 for at least the past three years.

...only the first release? Oh my, and how is somebody supposed to know when a pen from an online retailer has been manufactured?

By the way, this is good news, I like the color combinations of the dark gray barrel model more.

Edited by RoyalBlueNotebooks, 31 October 2017 - 12:03.

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

#44 kulms

kulms

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 January 2018 - 04:45

If youre still looking for, why not try a twsbi eco. Maybe even preppy

Sponsored Content

|