The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Need To Repair A Sheaffer Pfm

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 tonydent84

tonydent84

Just Another Pen Fanatic

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 October 2017 - 07:32

About 2 years ago, I bought a Sheaffer PFM that arrived "not as described". It's in great condition appearance-wise, and the parts "seem" to work, but when I filled the pen, it hardly took any ink in, and the flow was almost desert-dry. I had to leave the country for a couple of years a few days after receiving the pen, and I never sent it back and just kept it with the hopes that when I returned to the States, I can get it repaired.

Now I'm back in the States, and want to get it repaired. So what I wanted to know was if anyone could give me any recommendations on someone that could fix a Sheaffer PFM and bring it back to working order? Is there anyone you deal with in particular that could do this? Or do you yourself offer these repairs?

If so, can you guys let me know? This was a bit of a grail pen for me for a while, and after finally getting it, I'm terribly depressed I hadn't been able to use it for so long.

Edited by tonydent84, 19 October 2017 - 07:32.

I no longer own any fountain pens... Now they own me.

Sponsored Content

#2 corgicoupe

corgicoupe

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 October 2017 - 13:20

Danny Fudge at TheWritePen restored mine. Creek his site for instructions to send it.

Baptiste knew how to make a short job long

For love of it. And yet not waste time either.

Robert Frost

#3 mitto

mitto

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,690 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 October 2017 - 06:30

I restored three PFMs of mine (a IV and two Vs) after ordering the repair kits through a friend of mine in the States. Not too difficult a job if one is familliar with the working of the snorkel filling system but not an easy job either for a newbie.

Edited to correct typo.

Edited by mitto, 21 October 2017 - 06:32.

Khan

#4 Parker51

Parker51

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 10:04

I suggest Ron Zorn. He does a great job and will be able to adress the pens issues. He has worked on a variety of pens for me and I have been pleased by all of his work.

#5 gregamckinney

gregamckinney

he's just this guy, you know?

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,028 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 11:48

Both Ron and Danny do great work for a fair price, and have repaired PFM's for me.  I think Danny's turn-around time is shorter if that is a concern.

Best Regards, greg

Don't feel bad. I'm old; I'm meh about most things.

#6 tonydent84

tonydent84

Just Another Pen Fanatic

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 November 2017 - 12:29

He never replied to my emails.

I suggest Ron Zorn. He does a great job and will be able to adress the pens issues. He has worked on a variety of pens for me and I have been pleased by all of his work.

#7 tonydent84

tonydent84

Just Another Pen Fanatic

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 November 2017 - 12:31

Both Ron and Danny do great work for a fair price, and have repaired PFM's for me.  I think Danny's turn-around time is shorter if that is a concern.

Best Regards, greg

yeah, turnaround time is a big deal for me - I remember getting some repairs done by Nibs.com, and while the service was excellent, I did miss my pens during that period. So yeah, a shorter turnaround time is a big deal for me.

#8 tonydent84

tonydent84

Just Another Pen Fanatic

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 November 2017 - 12:32

Danny Fudge at TheWritePen restored mine. Creek his site for instructions to send it.

Just emailed him, let's hope he can help me out.

Sponsored Content

|