The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Howdy From Montreal !

montreal toronto scriptus

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Nibology

Nibology

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 October 2017 - 03:52

Hi y'all.  I've have been using fountain pens as tools for a few decades now, but I seem to have acquired a few more of late. I've stumbled around FPN on and off for a couple of years--hunting down useful details. There's so much information floating around on FPN (contributed by knowledgeable, hard-typing, scribbling and photo-snapping folks) that I haven't felt I needed to ask much in the way of additional questions, or that I was competent to offer answers. But I suppose it's about time I was a little more participatory and friendly-like. So, hello! 

I do have an introductory query: as someone planning to attend the Scriptus pen event in Toronto in a week or so (October 29), I am curious if there is any particular strategy for saying hello (in advance) to other folks that will be there. Perhaps an FPN topic or place to hang out? I didn't see much under the Scriptus event itself on FPN, but maybe I am missing something? This will be my third year attending Scriptus. Its a great event, but pen shows are kind of frenetic affairs and not especially conducive to chatting or networking in my limited experience. Scriptus, being a one-day event, also limits the networking opportunities compared with some all-weekend shindigs of which I have heard.

Sponsored Content

#2 PAKMAN

PAKMAN

Say that again, I have a pen here somewhere...

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,725 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 October 2017 - 04:16

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! Glad to have you as a member!!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif             fpn_1321906507__vanness_sign.jpg 

My Favorite Pen Restorer                            My favorite Brick and Mortar              

now selling online!

#3 bluebellrose

bluebellrose

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 October 2017 - 04:27

Bonjour from Bc! Nice to see another Canadian! *waves from all the way over here*.Pentel seems like they have a fountain pen category despite having nothing there on their Canadian website yet nothing on the American Web ship.

#4 OCArt

OCArt

OBB

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,619 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 October 2017 - 04:50

Welcome to our little corner of the universe from a pen user in San Diego. 

#5 Henricum_Tropen

Henricum_Tropen

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 October 2017 - 07:12

Hello and welcome to FPN, from Cape Town, South Africa.

To sit at one's table on a sunny morning, with four clear hours of uninterruptible security, plenty of nice white paper, and a [fountain] pen - that is true happiness!

- Winston Churchill

#6 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,176 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 October 2017 - 07:26

Hello and welcome to FPN.  :W2FPN:

flying-letter-exc.png

#7 mitto

mitto

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,487 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 October 2017 - 10:30

Greetings and welcome to FPN.
Khan

#8 tbickiii

tbickiii

tbickiii

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,676 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 October 2017 - 11:13

Hello and welcome from Baton Rouge, Louisiana...Enjoy your time here

Thomas
Baton Rouge, LA
(tbickiii)

Check out my ebay pen listings
:
  tbickiii's Vintage Fountain Pens

#9 jar

jar

A Vintage Pen has to be older than me.

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,250 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 October 2017 - 11:52

Welcome home.  Pull up a stump and set a spell.  I thought all the Canadians were down here already.

My Sister's website :  Rose Hill Studios

My Website

#10 PenChalet

PenChalet

Vintage

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 October 2017 - 18:04

Welcome to the Fountain Pen Network!   :W2FPN:  We're glad to have you!

#11 Sasha Royale

Sasha Royale

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,427 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 October 2017 - 14:24

Hi y'all.  I've have been using fountain pens as tools for a few decades now, but I seem to have acquired a few more of late. I've stumbled around FPN on and off for a couple of years--hunting down useful details. There's so much information floating around on FPN (contributed by knowledgeable, hard-typing, scribbling and photo-snapping folks) that I haven't felt I needed to ask much in the way of additional questions, or that I was competent to offer answers. But I suppose it's about time I was a little more participatory and friendly-like. So, hello! 

I do have an introductory query: as someone planning to attend the Scriptus pen event in Toronto in a week or so (October 29), I am curious if there is any particular strategy for saying hello (in advance) to other folks that will be there. Perhaps an FPN topic or place to hang out? I didn't see much under the Scriptus event itself on FPN, but maybe I am missing something? This will be my third year attending Scriptus. Its a great event, but pen shows are kind of frenetic affairs and not especially conducive to chatting or networking in my limited experience. Scriptus, being a one-day event, also limits the networking opportunities compared with some all-weekend shindigs of which I have heard.

Welcome !  

Agreed.  The collective information from the generous membership is quite comprehensive.  However, do not hesitate to ask your questions.  A lot of useful information emerges from the discussions that follow.   :thumbup:   What do you use for daily writing ?  

*     Since you are making an effort to greet, be cordial.  After all, these are people who like the same things that you like.    :vbg:

*     Be yourself.  :happyberet:  Fountainpen-ism is a vehicle that allows us to meet others.  With only fountain pens in common, the diversity of enthusiasts is enormous.   :P

*     Put on your THICK skin.  Not everyone communicates well, in English.  Grumpy people enjoy fountain pens, too.

*     Have fun..  Fountain pen collecting is fun. :bunny01:   What color are your fingers, today ?  

Write with joy.

Edited by Sasha Royale, 20 October 2017 - 14:28.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn. 
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen: 
Verweile doch, du bist so schön ! 

#12 Nibology

Nibology

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 October 2017 - 16:38

Welcome !  

Agreed.  The collective information from the generous membership is quite comprehensive.  However, do not hesitate to ask your questions.  A lot of useful information emerges from the discussions that follow.    :thumbup:   What do you use for daily writing ?  

*     Since you are making an effort to greet, be cordial.  After all, these are people who like the same things that you like.     :vbg:

*     Be yourself.   :happyberet:  Fountainpen-ism is a vehicle that allows us to meet others.  With only fountain pens in common, the diversity of enthusiasts is enormous.    :P

*     Put on your THICK skin.  Not everyone communicates well, in English.  Grumpy people enjoy fountain pens, too.

*     Have fun..  Fountain pen collecting is fun.  :bunny01:   What color are your fingers, today ?  

Write with joy.

Thank you Sasha Royale. And thank you for the greetings from across the planet: PAKMAN, bluebellrose, OCArt, Henricum_Tropen, Chrissy, mitto, tbickiii, jar and PenChalet! It's a Take-sumi fingers day and the instrument is a Franklin Christoph Model 19 black and smoke (with a steel Masuyama needlepoint). 

IMG_2023wb.jpg

Edited by Nibology, 20 October 2017 - 16:49.

#13 Herrjaeger

Herrjaeger

Herrjaeger

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 October 2017 - 20:09

Welcome aboard, from Charleston, SC.
Mike

#14 Wahl

Wahl