Howdy From Montreal !

Nibology

Hi y'all. I've have been using fountain pens as tools for a few decades now, but I seem to have acquired a few more of late. I've stumbled around FPN on and off for a couple of years--hunting down useful details. There's so much information floating around on FPN (contributed by knowledgeable, hard-typing, scribbling and photo-snapping folks) that I haven't felt I needed to ask much in the way of additional questions, or that I was competent to offer answers. But I suppose it's about time I was a little more participatory and friendly-like. So, hello!

I do have an introductory query: as someone planning to attend the Scriptus pen event in Toronto in a week or so (October 29), I am curious if there is any particular strategy for saying hello (in advance) to other folks that will be there. Perhaps an FPN topic or place to hang out? I didn't see much under the Scriptus event itself on FPN, but maybe I am missing something? This will be my third year attending Scriptus. Its a great event, but pen shows are kind of frenetic affairs and not especially conducive to chatting or networking in my limited experience. Scriptus, being a one-day event, also limits the networking opportunities compared with some all-weekend shindigs of which I have heard.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nibology

• PAKMAN

• OCArt

• bluebellrose

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! Glad to have you as a member!!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Bonjour from Bc! Nice to see another Canadian! *waves from all the way over here*.Pentel seems like they have a fountain pen category despite having nothing there on their Canadian website yet nothing on the American Web ship.

Welcome to our little corner of the universe from a pen user in San Diego.

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

Hello and welcome to FPN, from Cape Town, South Africa.

To sit at one's table on a sunny morning, with four clear hours of uninterruptible security, plenty of nice white paper, and a [fountain] pen - that is true happiness!

- Winston Churchill

Hi y'all. I've have been using fountain pens as tools for a few decades now, but I seem to have acquired a few more of late. I've stumbled around FPN on and off for a couple of years--hunting down useful details. There's so much information floating around on FPN (contributed by knowledgeable, hard-typing, scribbling and photo-snapping folks) that I haven't felt I needed to ask much in the way of additional questions, or that I was competent to offer answers. But I suppose it's about time I was a little more participatory and friendly-like. So, hello!

I do have an introductory query: as someone planning to attend the Scriptus pen event in Toronto in a week or so (October 29), I am curious if there is any particular strategy for saying hello (in advance) to other folks that will be there. Perhaps an FPN topic or place to hang out? I didn't see much under the Scriptus event itself on FPN, but maybe I am missing something? This will be my third year attending Scriptus. Its a great event, but pen shows are kind of frenetic affairs and not especially conducive to chatting or networking in my limited experience. Scriptus, being a one-day event, also limits the networking opportunities compared with some all-weekend shindigs of which I have heard.

Welcome !

Agreed. The collective information from the generous membership is quite comprehensive. However, do not hesitate to ask your questions. A lot of useful information emerges from the discussions that follow. :thumbup: What do you use for daily writing ?

* Since you are making an effort to greet, be cordial. After all, these are people who like the same things that you like. :vbg:

* Be yourself. :happyberet: Fountainpen-ism is a vehicle that allows us to meet others. With only fountain pens in common, the diversity of enthusiasts is enormous. :P

* Put on your THICK skin. Not everyone communicates well, in English. Grumpy people enjoy fountain pens, too.

* Have fun.. Fountain pen collecting is fun. :bunny01: What color are your fingers, today ?

Write with joy.

Edited by Sasha Royale

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Welcome !

Agreed. The collective information from the generous membership is quite comprehensive. However, do not hesitate to ask your questions. A lot of useful information emerges from the discussions that follow. :thumbup: What do you use for daily writing ?

* Since you are making an effort to greet, be cordial. After all, these are people who like the same things that you like. :vbg:

* Be yourself. :happyberet: Fountainpen-ism is a vehicle that allows us to meet others. With only fountain pens in common, the diversity of enthusiasts is enormous. :P

* Put on your THICK skin. Not everyone communicates well, in English. Grumpy people enjoy fountain pens, too.

* Have fun.. Fountain pen collecting is fun. :bunny01: What color are your fingers, today ?

Write with joy.

Thank you Sasha Royale. And thank you for the greetings from across the planet: PAKMAN, bluebellrose, OCArt, Henricum_Tropen, Chrissy, mitto, tbickiii, jar and PenChalet! It's a Take-sumi fingers day and the instrument is a Franklin Christoph Model 19 black and smoke (with a steel Masuyama needlepoint).

post-139542-0-00233000-1508518144_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nibology