Martemodena Issues

freakman

MarteModena got their site modified and opened up again.

Although all the pens they listed are under MarteModena name, you could still find a portal to those stuff that are 'NOT IN OUR OFFICE BUT IMMEDIATELY AVAILABLE'.

With their ebay account banned and removed, now they're advertising their pens on FB and maybe other platforms. And they're now going to attend the Madrid Pen Show.

I wonder with so many cases on ebay and their Paypal account, will ebay sue them for frauding?

My friend still have around $1000 pens purchased from them through ebay and never shipped. MarteModena opened a case in ebay and then their account was removed. Now ebay has been reviewing the case for a month now and it seemed that they've lost so much money for buyer protection from a single seller that they stopped issueing refunds.

I tried to contact them through FB about their ebay issues but got no reply. My friend's inquiry about their pens got a very fast response though.

I do believe they got those MarteModena pens in stock and will ship them if you purchased through their site, but with so many unsolved issues and frauding behaviors in the past and never mentioned or responded. I suggest stay away from their site forever.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FriendAmos

• freakman

• Tinjapan

• sketchstack

fpn_1508295007__24494204492513022270_201

And I would like to wake up FriendAmos, who seemded to be an insider of the MarteModena issue and announced the never opened omasoutlet.com a year ago.

fpn_1508295007__24494204492513022270_201

And I would like to wake up FriendAmos, who seemded to be an insider of the MarteModena issue and announced the never opened omasoutlet.com a year ago.

Yeah, I’d like to wake him up too.

He has been silent of late. I wonder why. But then again, I am happier not running across his silliness.

I'm here, friends. How can I be of help?

By the way, freakman: the only "omas outlet" I ever heard of and might have commented on was one that was announced by "stylomaniak" aka "manu" aka "m2b". What does that have to do with Martemodena?

I also don't know why they no longer have an ebay account, as I have no way of confirming your story on "banning", but I am happy to inform you that you can still buy pens from then. Go here: https://www.martemodenabrand.com/

Edited by FriendAmos

It appears they're running their own auctions now.

Looking at their terms a few things caught my eye:

• PayPal means you pay an extra 10%
  • They have "100% Customer Protection" that simply details a return policy. No mention of 3rd party mediation or anything of the like.
  • For auctions, shipping costs are not disclosed. This is troubling considering the random nature of their eBay shipping quotes.

• They have "100% Customer Protection" that simply details a return policy. No mention of 3rd party mediation or anything of the like.
  • For auctions, shipping costs are not disclosed. This is troubling considering the random nature of their eBay shipping quotes.

Yesterday I was looking at some auctions, and shipping cost was clearly indicated.

Red flags galore.

Yesterday I was looking at some auctions, and shipping cost was clearly indicated.

I stand corrected. In their terms there are no shipping fees listed. However when you check each auction indeed some of them have shipping listed, and in some cases "free shipping".

At first glance it looks like their in-house brand is "free shipping"; other products, including if you buy as single Delta nib, will cost €30.00 for "world wide" shipping.

Today I read their Terms and Conditions. It appears to me that shipping usually costs money which may or may not be specified except where it is "Free Shipping" in which case Martemodena may charge or not according to its discretion (about where you live). Where there is "Free Shipping" it is also wholly Martemodena's discretion to choose the shipping carrier or method and whether or not that method includes tracking of the item; unless you choose to pay instead.

Having a very long-standing relationship with a credit card company which I use for virtually all overseas transactions, I am normally fairly sanguine about buying outside Paypal which I dislike anyway. However, I am not impressed with the conditions in this case.

X

If you are troubled, then just give them a miss and buy pens elsewhere. Otherwise, may I recommend something like this beauty: https://www.martemodenabrand.com/thursday/1639-martemodena-fountain-pen-mariana-trench-sea-collection-oversize-sterling-silver-925-piston-filler-nib-f-m-b.html

I've been doing business with them for 6 or seven years and have never had any issues at all.

My wife is a little perturbed with them because they quit selling handbags and accessories. They were her go to for Vince Camuto. I have no problem with them dropping that line. :)

I've been doing business with them for 6 or seven years and have never had any issues at all.

My wife is a little perturbed with them because they quit selling handbags and accessories. They were her go to for Vince Camuto. I have no problem with them dropping that line. :)

I too have been one of their happy repeat customers. They are great to do business with, except for people with bad attitudes who are likely to have problems with just about any seller.

Edited by FriendAmos

I'm here, friends. How can I be of help?

By the way, freakman: the only "omas outlet" I ever heard of and might have commented on was one that was announced by "stylomaniak" aka "manu" aka "m2b". What does that have to do with Martemodena?

I also don't know why they no longer have an ebay account, as I have no way of confirming your story on "banning", but I am happy to inform you that you can still buy pens from then. Go here: https://www.martemodenabrand.com/

Well, you did say to wake you up with something came of the complaints against Martemodena. Well, things have come about from said complaints.

Well, you did say to wake you up with something came of the complaints against Martemodena. Well, things have come about from said complaints.

It certainly appears to be the case that Martemodena no longer has an ebay account. But I have not yet seen any evidence to support the view that that is as a result of being "banned" because of some complaints. It could simply be that they have decided that they would make more money by selling directly and not sharing their profits with ebay. Still, if it makes you happy to believe that they have been banned by ebay, then go for it. And rest assured that I am now awake.