The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Twisbi 700R - Does It Post?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Makir

Makir

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 October 2017 - 21:51

So I just bought a 700R last week. I had checked out a few reviews and nowhere in any of them did it say the 700R does not post. Well here I am today with a non-posting 700R. Is this normal? I prefer to post my pens when writing so I don't have to worry about the cap at all.

Sponsored Content

#2 abstract49

abstract49

Vintage

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 October 2017 - 23:10

I don't have a 700r, but I do have a 700 and a couple of 580's. None post but, even with my large hands, they have sufficient length not to need posting for a comfortable fit. Don't know what to say about concern for the cap. I usually just lay it down on the desk above my writing area, but if I'm making quick notes, I hold it in my left hand as I write with my right hand.

#3 Cyber6

Cyber6

Extremely AWESOME !!!

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,006 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 October 2017 - 23:39

Those are large pens with heavy caps.  I don't believe they were meant to be posted.  It would make it very top heavy.

I can assure you will soon get used to holding the cap with your other hand.   I don't like posting my caps either.

I only post if the pen is too small to hold properly without cap (ex. kawecos, stipula passaporto)

So I just bought a 700R last week. I had checked out a few reviews and nowhere in any of them did it say the 700R does not post. Well here I am today with a non-posting 700R. Is this normal? I prefer to post my pens when writing so I don't have to worry about the cap at all.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

#4 auds

auds

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 October 2017 - 07:53

I bought a 700R couple of weeks ago and mine posts really securely over the knob. While the cap doesn't screw on the back like the mini, there shouldn't be an issue with it posting.

#5 prashant.tikekar

prashant.tikekar

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 October 2017 - 09:08

Vac 700R posts securely but heavy cap makes it top heavy and unusable for me. 540 / 580 can not be posted.

#6 alwayssunnyalwaysreal

alwayssunnyalwaysreal

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 October 2017 - 15:34

My TWSBI Vac 700's cap posts securely onto the barrel. My 580ALs all post securely, though only onto the piston knob (as expected though).

Selling part of my pen collection: https://alwayssunnya...s.com/for-sale/

Diplomat Aero (SOLD) | Diplomat Excellence A Skyline | Faber-Castell E-Motion Pure Black | Franklin-Christoph Model 20 Translucent Bronze (store exclusive)

Graf von Faber-Castell Tamitio Black (SOLD) | Graf von Faber-Castell Tamitio Rosé | Montegrappa Fortuna Mosaico Marrakech

Pelikan Souverän M400 Black-Green (SOLD) | Pelikan Souverän M405 Black-Blue-Silver (SOLD) | Pilot Falcon Black/Rhodium

Pilot Prera - Light Blue (SOLD) | Pilot Vanishing Point Blue Carbonesque (SOLD) | Sailor 1911S Color Blue (SOLD) | TWSBI Vac 700 (SOLD) | Visconti Homo Sapiens Steel Age Midi (SOLD) | ystudio Portable Brassing (SOLD) | AND MORE!

#7 jchch1950

jchch1950

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:47

My 700r post.No problem at all. :)

Sponsored Content

|