This one is Diamine Electric Pink
This is a saturated pink ink with silver shimmer. It is along similar lines to Caran d’Ache Divine Pink for being a pink ink that’s easy to read.
I found it a wet and well flowing ink.
It had good lubrication with the pens I tried it with.
It’s a saturated ink, especially for a pink ink.
With broader nibs it looks more saturated than it does with finer nibs, although it’s wet enough to show the silver shimmer with all nibs.
It showed through on some of the papers I used.
The pens I used were Stipula Agata F/M nib, Lamy Nexx M Stub 1.1mm nib, Lamy Nexx M F nib.
The comparison inks were swabbed with a cotton bud and their ink names were written with a glass dip pen.
I consider Electric Pink a well-behaved ink. I didn’t experience any ignition or clogging problems with it. Clean-up was easy. No problem at all removing it from hands or pens using soap for hands and plain water for pens.
It is not sold as a water resistant ink but it is reasonably water resistant.
The Mebin UK Notebook I used was supplied by someone on FPN who sold TR 68gsm Notebooks. The paper in the Mebin UK Notebook is quite thick at 95gsm, it’s acid free, and has a really smooth surface with no drag or tooth at all. Inks generally take longer to dry on this paper, so wetter inks tend to pool and I knew that they would show their shimmer well enough for me to photograph the sheen.
The Moleskine Notebook is a UK clone, and I found there was very little spread on it.
- Flow Rate: Very good
- Lubrication: Very good
- Nib Dry-out: Not noticed.
- Start-up: Immediate.
- Saturation: A fairly saturated ink
- Shading Potential: Very good
- Sheen: Silver shimmer
- Tomoe River 52gsm.
- Cheaper generic 80gsm printer papers & lined pads.
- Field Notes
- Spread / Feathering: Not seen
- Nib Creep / “Crud”: Not seen, even after over a week in the pen
- Staining (pen): Not seen - easy clean-up
- Staining (hands): Not seen - easy clean-up
- Clogging: Not seen. Seems unlikely.
- Water resistance: Has some water resistance.
- Availability: Will be available from Diamine Inks web-site and other outlets.
Back Mebin then Back Moleskine