Greetings!

Johannes

Hello! Attached a little handwritten note - thought it fitting - extending on this simple greeting.

(The Leuchtturm 1917 Whitelines paper doesn't scan perfectly in my lighting conditions, though I went to a near-ridiculous extent in trying to improve those. It scans fine in sunlight, though, and is great for getting my notes online. Fountain pens neither bleed nor feather, dip pens, unfortunately, do both.)

post-139487-0-10155400-1508093600_thumb.jpg

Edited by Johannes

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Johannes

• Wahl

• PenChalet

• mitto

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! Glad to have you as a member!!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Hello and welcome to FPN, from Cape Town, South Africa.

To sit at one's table on a sunny morning, with four clear hours of uninterruptible security, plenty of nice white paper, and a [fountain] pen - that is true happiness!

- Winston Churchill

Welcome, Johannes !

You write with a beautiful hand.

Please keep in mind that many scanners, as used with photocopiers and facsimile devices, do not "see" light blues and turquoise shades very well.

Which fountain pen(s) do you use most for daily writing ?

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Welcome, Johannes !

You write with a beautiful hand.

Please keep in mind that many scanners, as used with photocopiers and facsimile devices, do not "see" light blues and turquoise shades very well.

Which fountain pen(s) do you use most for daily writing ?

Didn't know about blue specifically being an issue, though I've definitely had a better time with darker colours in general.

Right now my daily workhorse is a Platinum #3776 Century in SF which I've d for a little over a year. I bought another one in UEF month or so ago, a, but the gold plating wore off completely after about a fortnight. (it started out feeling a little rough, and then just began to gradually fade away) The manufacturer claimed it was normal, so I took the refund the shop (Cult Pens) offered me.

After this experience, I ordered a Pilot Custom 823 in F to replace the UEF as the "main writer". From what I can see, it should be a tad finer than the SF (which is substantially broader than the F in the Platinum line). In fact, I'm hoping it should be in my mailbox tomorrow.

Parker Sonnet (M) is a pen I keep at my desk. The nib is smooth and reliable, and the slip-on cap makes it perfect for quick notes.

Beyond that, I like playing around with Noodler's Ahab every now and then, and due to... complex circumstances... I chanced upon a few dozen (!) Chinese Jinhao and Hero fountain pens. They all come with a standard international converter, which is nice, and are a nice resource to have when you want to try something a bit wackier/more dangerous. Also, easy gifts to give to people interested in fountain pens: by doing a bit of QA myself, it's usually quite easy to find perfectly serviceable writers among them.