The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Bunshodo Vintage Japanese Eyedropper Pen

bunshodo japanese eyedropper vintage

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Pen_Padawan

Pen_Padawan

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 October 2017 - 03:58

Hi Everyone,
Does anyone know anything about this pen, it does not show up on the Japanese pens list.  It's a Japanese eyedropper with Bunshodo Pen stamped on the barrel.  The nib says Stenographer, in the world, pointed hardest, Platinum <15>.  Interestingly the nib says Platinum, is this an old Platinum pen?  Or just the nib?  The clip looks like an old Pilot clip but is not stamped Pilot.  This is a good size pen as compared to my Sailor Pro-Gear.  Any information would be appreciated.

Pen_Padawan

IMG_5265.JPG IMG_5261.JPG IMG_5263.JPG IMG_5264.JPG IMG_5266.JPG

Sponsored Content

#2 peerless1

peerless1

Antique

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 08:13

It's a 1940ish eyedropper. One of many. Bunshodo does not ring any bells. You might post on one of the several Japan-based blogs.

A number of years ago I saw an extensive collection of Japanese logos online. Might be worth a few days effort looking through them. Long shot hope.

stan

Formerly Ryojusen Pens
The oldest and largest buyer and seller of vintage Japanese pens in America.

Member: Pen Collectors of America & Fuente, THE Japanese Pen Collectors Club

#3 Pen_Padawan

Pen_Padawan

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 October 2017 - 06:21

Stan, I will work on the logo, thank you.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bunshodo, japanese, eyedropper, vintage

Sponsored Content

|