The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Diamine 2017 Shimmer Arabian Nights

diamineshimmer2017 diamineshimmerinks diaminearabiannights

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Bhavna

Bhavna

Inkredibles!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 October 2017 - 11:35

Hello Friends,

I have had the pleasure of reviewing Diamine's latest series of Shimmer inks, a set of 10 with 5x silver particled and 5x gold particled inks. I have tried out reviews in the Breeze Notebook containing Tomoe paper in contrast to using my trusted Black n Red Quad. The results are quite something, however, capturing them hasn't been easy. I look forward, as always to your thoughts and feedback. The set will be available in the next few weeks.

fpn_1507980737__arabian_nights_review.jp

fpn_1507980783__arabian_shimmer.jpg

fpn_1507980830__arabian_flower.jpg

fpn_1507980884__flower_swatch.jpg

Swatches on BlacknRed, Breezenotebook and Rhodia

fpn_1507980091__swatch_main.jpg

If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba

Sponsored Content

#2 Ghost Plane

Ghost Plane

Indescribable

• FPN Hon. Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,157 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 October 2017 - 14:08

Oh my! These comparisons are lovely and help see the colors in perspective. I prefer this as opposed to an isolated color as I can see how it works with others in the series.

#3 Bhavna

Bhavna

Inkredibles!

• Member - Gold

• 1,307 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 October 2017 - 14:15

Oh my! These comparisons are lovely and help see the colors in perspective. I prefer this as opposed to an isolated color as I can see how it works with others in the series.

Thank you for your kind words, I am delighted that the work has been of use!
If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba

#4 Ghost Plane

Ghost Plane

Indescribable

• FPN Hon. Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,157 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 October 2017 - 14:57

Thank you for your kind words, I am delighted that the work has been of use!

Absolutely! Labeling the paper is lovely, too, as it helps determine performance on known products. Major appreciation for your work.

#5 Sailor Kenshin

Sailor Kenshin

Heart of sword

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,601 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 October 2017 - 15:44

Agreed. These are spectacular. The Ivy might be my favorite, and I'm not a fan of purple ink, but this ink is niiiice.

#6 Bhavna

Bhavna

Inkredibles!

• Member - Gold

• 1,307 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 October 2017 - 20:20

Absolutely! Labeling the paper is lovely, too, as it helps determine performance on known products. Major appreciation for your work.

Thank you, I am edified by your words, it makes the work very worthwhile.

#7 Bhavna

Bhavna

Inkredibles!

• Member - Gold

• 1,307 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 October 2017 - 20:22

Agreed. These are spectacular. The Ivy might be my favorite, and I'm not a fan of purple ink, but this ink is niiiice.

Thank you! Golden Ivy is very seriously spectacular. This one is really lovely too, I was impressed as I like my purples deep and moody.

#8 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,241 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 October 2017 - 22:19

Thanks for the review -- and not.  (This one was, I think, already on my short list.)

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#9 Bhavna

Bhavna

Inkredibles!

• Member - Gold

• 1,307 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 October 2017 - 01:07

Thanks for the review -- and not.  (This one was, I think, already on my short list.)
Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

You're welcome! I love it, but then who doesn't love a dark purple with added shimmer?

#10 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 October 2017 - 06:14

Don't see a ton of difference between this and purple pazazz (one of the few shimmer inks I use regularly)

#11 Bhavna

Bhavna

Inkredibles!

• Member - Gold

• 1,307 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 October 2017 - 15:03

Don't see a ton of difference between this and purple pazazz (one of the few shimmer inks I use regularly)

Really? Pazzazz is much darker and richer in saturation. The first ink in the comparison above is Sailor Shigure, which is similar, not Arabian Nights.

#12 Nibson

Nibson

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 December 2017 - 00:48

Shimmering ink and review. Thoroughly enjoyed this.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: diamineshimmer2017, diamineshimmerinks, diaminearabiannights

Sponsored Content

|