The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Which Would You Recommend?

nib workvalue repair suggestion

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Rosendust2121

Rosendust2121

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 October 2017 - 16:16

Hi all, I'm debating about either getting a new pen from The Nibsmith, or having one of my existing pens worked on by him.
Which would you suggest?
Thanks,
Rosendust💜🍃
<i>Many boys will bring you flowers. But someday you'll meet a boy who will learn your favourite  flower, your favourite song, your favourite sweet. And even if he is too poor to give you any of them, it won't matter because he will have taken the time to know you as no one else does. Only that boy earns your heart-Leigh Bardugo. Please assume no affiliation, as I'm just a pleased customer.

Sponsored Content

#2 TheRealMikeDr

TheRealMikeDr

The Great Schnauzer King

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 16:25

New Pen!

#3 mitto

mitto

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,278 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 October 2017 - 16:41

New one of course. A new is a new. :)
Khan M. Ilyas

#4 bayindirh

bayindirh

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 October 2017 - 17:10

Hi all, I'm debating about either getting a new pen from The Nibsmith, or having one of my existing pens worked on by him.
Which would you suggest?
Thanks,
Rosendust

If you've used your pens with joy until now, this means they don't need a work/rework. So get a new pen.

#5 MalcolmH

MalcolmH

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,463 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 October 2017 - 17:24

Unless you have specific work you need doing...get a new pen.

:)

#6 PS104

PS104

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 03:44

OTOH if the pen holds some personal attachment for you, eg, first pen, pen from relative, gift, etc then go for the repair.

Also consider the cost of a new pen vs the cost of a repair.

Also consider the attachment you have to the wrt how it feels when you write with it, how it writes, etc

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nib workvalue, repair, suggestion

Sponsored Content

|