• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ghost Plane

• Pravda

• Tom Kellie

• Mulrich

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Goodness! What an amazing trip and such a great post to read. Thank you for allowing me to take a peek into your world!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Just stumbled across this oldish thread - what an amazing evening! Aside from the obviously glorious pens, what really gets me is the menus - they're handwritten, aren't they? 

- P. 

Arcadian, thank you for reviving this thread; your post enabled me to enjoy Pravda’s post for the first time as I only started reading this forum twelve months ago.  

I found FPN Super Moderator amberleadavis’ Sept 6, 2018 advise on necroposting enlightening.  An excerpt:

“. . .So, here is the rule that I've followed here in Inky Thoughts -

BE POLITE

ENCOURAGE OTHERS

If you find a couple of topics you think should be merged - by all means, send me a PM and I'll see about doing so.

If you see another thread that is helpful / relevant / on point - post a link.

If you see necroposting - by all means participate. Some of our most lively threads have been going on for years. When they become too long (i.e. The Show Us Your Pen) we break those topics into multiple threads so that they can still load.

Please be sure to share your thoughts. . .” 

Of course, Arcadian, you have followed the above advise to the letter, and I am trying to emulate your example as well as follow the advise myself, by replying to your revival post.

I also thought that the place cards and menus were handwritten, befitting such a spectacular event focussed on superlative and dazzling writing tools.  

Thank goodness for Pravda and the many, many other forum members who are so generous with their time, experiences, and knowledge, quite a few of whom are featured in this thread.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Announcements

• Most Contributions

1. amberleadavis
      amberleadavis
    2. PAKMAN
      PAKMAN
    3. Ghost Plane
      Ghost Plane
    4. inkstainedruth
      inkstainedruth
    5. jar
      jar
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Comments

• Shanghai Knife Dude
      I have the Sailor Naginata and some fancy blade nibs coming after 2022 by a number of new workshop from China.  With all my respect, IMHO, they are all (bleep) in doing chinese characters.  Go use a bush, or at least a bush pen. 
    • A Smug Dill
      It is the reason why I'm so keen on the idea of a personal library — of pens, nibs, inks, paper products, etc. — and spent so much money, as well as time and effort, to “build” it for myself (because I can't simply remember everything, especially as I'm getting older fast) and my wife, so that we can “know”; and, instead of just disposing of what displeased us, or even just not good enough to be “given the time of day” against competition from >500 other pens and >500 other inks for our at
    • adamselene
      Agreed.  And I think it’s good to be aware of this early on and think about at the point of buying rather than rationalizing a purchase..
    • A Smug Dill
      Alas, one cannot know “good” without some idea of “bad” against which to contrast; and, as one of my former bosses (back when I was in my twenties) used to say, “on the scale of good to bad…”, it's a spectrum, not a dichotomy. Whereas subjectively acceptable (or tolerable) and unacceptable may well be a dichotomy to someone, and finding whether the threshold or cusp between them lies takes experiencing many degrees of less-than-ideal, especially if the decision is somehow influenced by factors o
    • adamselene
      I got my first real fountain pen on my 60th birthday and many hundreds of pens later I’ve often thought of what I should’ve known in the beginning. I have many pens, the majority of which have some objectionable feature. If they are too delicate, or can’t be posted, or they are too precious to face losing , still they are users, but only in very limited environments..  I have a big disliking for pens that have the cap jump into the air and fly off. I object to Pens that dry out, or leave blobs o
  • Chatbox

You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
  • Files