The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Noodler's Ahab Brush, Refillable Preppy Highlighter, Or ?

highlighternoodlers noodler preppy highlighter ahab brush pen year of the pig looking for suggestions bible help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 1791thinkshop

1791thinkshop

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:33

I want to put Noddler 'Year of the Pig' (it's just Bulletproof Noodler's Firefly really) in a Noodler's Bush Pen or into a Refillable Preppy to use as a highlighter.... what's my best move? OR is there a better idea? I already love the ink in a Kaweco Sport Stub, but I'm ready to have something to use in my bible. Helpneeded, because I've watched Goulet's video on trimming the brush or replacement brushes to alter the line and wetness, but I've seen all sorts of people complaining about drying problems in the preppy when filling the body instead of using converter or eyedeopper converter...
Thoughts?
Semper Fidelis, Shannon
me@1791thinkshop.com

'Smooth is Fast, Fast is Smooth'

Sponsored Content

#2 1791thinkshop

1791thinkshop

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:37

*by the way, I know this could go in either this thread or in the 'first stop thread' but didn't want to get the panties of the 'but it's not a fountain pen (preppy) or it's not a nib (Ahab brush).... if I should cross post, please suggest so. -B
Semper Fidelis, Shannon
me@1791thinkshop.com

'Smooth is Fast, Fast is Smooth'

#3 TennesseeTrash

TennesseeTrash

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:16

I dont think any liquid ink will work well in a bible. Jet pens recommends these highlighter pencils for the bible. https://www.jetpens....Pencils/ct/2337

I currently use a pilot parallel with a noodlers yellow highlighter ink (catfish something I believe) for highlighting on printer paper. It is too wet for any textbook Ive come across.

I use a preppy highlighter with the same noodlers ink in textbooks and it works much better than the parallel. A few books with thinner pages have bleed through. This was limited to the older wolters kluwer books. I sent them a few emails and my newer wolters books are much better this year. Maybe they listened to me. The preppy has been going two years on the same tip and its still working fine. I cant speak to eyedropper usage because Ive only used it with the converter, which I fill with a syringe.

I used a bottle of pelikan duo highlighter ink and it bled less than the noodlers, but was substantially more expensive. It still was not dry enough to use the parallel in a textbook.

Edited by TennesseeTrash, 12 October 2017 - 05:18.

#4 semanticgap

semanticgap

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 October 2017 - 02:54

Try a FriXion highlighter. They actually are very dry feeling and don't put out a lot of ink, which means they perform pretty well in Bibles.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: highlighternoodlers, noodler, preppy highlighter, ahab, brush pen, year of the pig, looking for suggestions, bible, help

Sponsored Content

|