The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Cross Models List

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jslallar

jslallar

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 October 2017 - 20:59

Dear All,

I am thinking of making a reference list of all cross m\odels with short description and sample pics for ready recognition of the model

Off hand i have listed these models

and your opinion to the models like Star Wars which is basically a Townsend - should they be listed sepparately?/

please add the names of the missing models and i will try and find the relevant info and pics

1. AFFINITY
  2. APOGEE
  3. ATX
  4. AVITAR
  5. AVENTURA
  6. BAILEY
  7. BEVERLEY
  8. BOTANICA
  9. C-SERIES
  10. CALAIS
  11. CENTURY CLASSIC
  12. CENTURY II
  13. CENTURY 2000
  14. PEERLESS
  15. PINNACLE
  16. RADIANCE
  17. SAUVAGE
  18. SOLO  
  19. STAR WARS
  20. TECH 3
  21. TOWNSEND
  22. VERVE
  23. YEAR OF THE MONKEY

Edited by jslallar, 11 October 2017 - 21:02.

Enjoy your pens
Have a nice day
Junaid

Sponsored Content

#2 Tweel

Tweel

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 00:00

There was also the Metropolis, which I believe was made for them, like the Solo models, by Pilot (not to be confused with the Pilot Metropolitan...).

Their original stylographs from the late 19th century, the Art Deco fountain pen they briefly made in the 1930's, and the 150th Anniversary LE, based on the 1930's pen, that came out in 1996...

fpn_1375035941__postcard_swap.png * * * "Don't neglect to write me several times from different places when you may."
-- John Purdue (1863)

#3 jslallar

jslallar

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:26

thanks Tweel
Enjoy your pens
Have a nice day
Junaid

#4 MrThoth

MrThoth

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 October 2017 - 13:38

Year of the Monkey is a Sauvage body, like most of the Year pens (up until Rooster).

I have a partly-completed manuscript for a Collector's Guide to the Cross Townsend that includes brief info on the other Cross FPs I've been able to find. I'd be glad to send you a PDF if it would help; just PM me with your e-mail. I've wanted to finish the book and start a corresponding website for it, but just haven't had the time and energy this year.

Cross models I have that I don't see in your list:

Coventry

Dalton

Dubai

Forever Pearl

Helios

Metropolis

Sentiment

Signature

Spire

Stratford

Torero

Edited by MrThoth, 12 October 2017 - 13:41.

MrThoth

Scribe, Master of Mystic Lore, Young Curmudgeon

#5 Neophyte7

Neophyte7

Near Mint

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 October 2017 - 08:54

As a fan of Cross fountain pens I think the reference list is a wonderful idea. I am happy to supply photos if you need. I have 2 Signatures, a Townsend, a Century Classic and Century II.

#6 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,241 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 October 2017 - 01:23

I only have a couple of Cross pens, both of which are c/c pens.  One is a red Solo with black trim, purchased from the estate of a friend who died suddenly.  It' a nice way to remember her by -- she and I had several conversations about pens, and a few years ago we commissioned some handmade books from her because I knew I could say "Helen, can you have the paper be fountain pen friendly?"

The other is a Cross Verve I picked up for a buck (!) at a thrift store specializing in donated arts and crafts supplies.  I haven't used it much -- just long enough to realize why the model was only on the market for a few years....  :( 

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#7 highlander1307

highlander1307

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 October 2017 - 18:20

Did not see the SIGNATURE model listed Thanks for the list.

Sponsored Content

|