Introduction; Shannon Beaman From West Tennessee, Usa

1791thinkshop

I'll just paste my 'about me' from my profile. I'll not get on the soap box again, thanks to you all already -BIn the second half of my life, I'm using my time while retired/disabled after 23+ years as an Officer of Marines; CWO4 (Marine Gunner) and former Master Sergeant (prior to my Officer lobotomy) I stay busy when not swamped with stuff or just feeling down right horrible as a book reviewer, editor, and still continue analytical work for various people/businesses and occasionally still do consulting work for the Marine Corps and DoD ....... Advocating for Liberty and Veterans who suffer with Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), Severe Memory Impairment, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Traumas, and those with Crohn's Disease and Seizure Disorder. Of course too I may muster the courage to begin my Scale Models again but in addition to it all fight pain,tremor, and atrophy caused by neuropathy so bad that it maybe something best to just hang up and sell off. I've lost nearly every enjoyable skill and struggle with the idea of "doing it at all if I can't do so to the ability I once had". My 1965 Galaxie 500 LTD and Harley are gone as a result of the desires and memory issues so that and losing the opportunity of a second careeer sucks big time. I'm most busy with doctors appointments and maintaining my 118 year old house, my shop, ranting, retirement, and sometimes more... I spend most of the day in my library/study and may sometimes blog aside from my other stuff. My blog was begun right before my health, career, and entire life's direction was wildly changed, so though the page is 3+ years old, it is bare boned. My wonderfaul wife and partner of 21 years and I have 3 daughters (23, 20, & 10) and my service/seizure dog 'Reagan' (a Transylvania Hound).I have always insisted upon myself, my Marines, and my girls that their handwriting and deliverables that leave their desks are an example and often a first impression of their own character of professionalism and disciple. If it's your notes or your journal, that's one thinks; but if it is going to be seen by someone else it must be your best. I don't have extremely expensive pens, but what I have are of good quality and they are used extensively with my very rarely using a ball point pen or marker. Of course math/hand-analysis and editing markup is still often done with pencil, but everything aside is ink 'properly. I had to learn to read and write all over again after my brain injury, but I continue my journal that is now beginning it's 27th year and in addition I still write my wife of 21 years a love letter each day. I look forward to learning from each of you and pray I will be of assistance to many as well. I have much experience with different mediums aside from fountain pens to include, dip, technical pens, pastels, pencil, and alcohol pens with a solid background in what works and what doesn't with all brands, mediums, and surfaces while making sure the combination matches the intended purpose.Semper Fidelis, CWO4 Shannon Beaman USMC'Smooth is Fast, Fast is Smooth'IMG_0388.JPGIMG_0391.JPGIMG_0393.JPGIMG_0392.JPGIMG_1682.JPG

Edited for errors only, content not altered. -B

Edited by 1791thinkshop

Semper Fidelis, Shannon

me@1791thinkshop.com

'Smooth is Fast, Fast is Smooth'

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1791thinkshop

• mitto

• Chrissy

• Wahl

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Greetings and welcome to FPN. Pray you live long with good health, enjoy using your (fountain?) pens and continue sharing your experiences with us here.

Welcome once again. We are happy to have you with us.

Khan M. Ilyas

Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell. Back in 1960 one of my friends little sisters got a metallic blue with white leather interior Galaxie convertible, 390 with three two barrel carbs, as a 16th. birthday present.

We were all seriously in love with the car.

My Website

Hello and welcome from Indiana. Thank you for your service!

Please visit my store A&D Penworx.

Brands we carry: Benu Pen, Conklin, Kaweco, Monteverde, TWSBI - Diamine, J Herbin, KWZ- Clairefontaine, Field Notes, Rhodia, Whitelines

Welcome !

"hang-up and sell-off" ? I don't think so ! A Marine becomes a Marine because he has more heart than ordinary humans. He faces all the challenges.

He continues onward to the finish line, with 106%. It is inspiration to every American, who meets the Marine. Whether with both hands, or with two fingers,

you will show us how to squeeze every drop of life from the gods. I can only imagine the POWER that you will be passing on to your children.

Write with purpose. Write with joy.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Welcome aboard, Shannon, from Charleston, SC-ex USN here. Nice looking rides-my uncle had Galaxy 500, looking just like yours, back in the sixties. Fun times then. Thank you for your service.

Mike

Thank you Sasha, I haven't sold off any of it (besides it gets more valuable as long as I keep it). I still shoot bodies for some guys in the Hobby as I'm one of the last of the guys who does (or can I guess) shoot lacquer paint. It's such a hot colitale pain that post turn plastic to blob when then try. I shoot auto enamel and lacquer at about 2 psi with a special concoction of lacquer/acetone or paint/lacquer thinners. The tremor doesn't affect my ability to polish out bodies and my oxygen coming through my mask is as volatile as the thinner 😜. Yes, it's part of not giving up, and I've never done so; with so much of the struggle going to what I need to do day to day and trying to get a new normal that is a balance between capability and enjoyableness/fullfilment. I'm most dashed at not having a second career, so I guess I'm still looking for what to do when I 'grow up'. Retirement at then 39 was not 'the plan'. But then no plan ever fully survives the first shots fired.

I appreciate the encouragement and I often think that simple benefit is the 'best' that the internet has to offer. My style and tastes are more of the the 1920's-1950's and my philosophical/political persuasions are those of the 1870's-1890's so that makes for an interesting and simple life. Good books, quality clothing/ammunition/food/timepieces/pens, and old homes/furniture/weapons make for a comfortable well prioritized life. In the end experiences are more valuable than things and the greatest gift I can give my daughters is the example of how they should be loved and treated; that vessel is my marriage to their wonderful mother. My 10 year old will probably set up an account on here in the next week. She's all about her Turquoise TWSBI Classic F and Mint colored Kaweco Sport Stub.

S/F, Shannon

Welcome !

"hang-up and sell-off" ? I don't think so ! A Marine becomes a Marine because he has more heart than ordinary humans. He faces all the challenges.

He continues onward to the finish line, with 106%. It is inspiration to every American, who meets the Marine. Whether with both hands, or with two fingers,

you will show us how to squeeze every drop of life from the gods. I can only imagine the POWER that you will be passing on to your children.

Write with purpose. Write with joy.

Semper Fidelis, Shannon

me@1791thinkshop.com

To ALL the members who have thanked me for my service; please know it has been my life's calling and that EACH of you are worth it. I won't speak for other services, for as many of you know Marines and particularly Marine Officers (as it's such a micro-cadre within a tiny service) are a strange breed; we all know that America expects more from her Marines and we a pleased to serve at your pleasure.

S/F, Shannon

Edited by 1791thinkshop

Semper Fidelis, Shannon

me@1791thinkshop.com

Hello and welcome to FPN, from Cape Town, South Africa.

To sit at one's table on a sunny morning, with four clear hours of uninterruptible security, plenty of nice white paper, and a [fountain] pen - that is true happiness!

- Winston Churchill

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! Glad to have you as a member!!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!