The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Fountain Pen Too Wet When Writing After Refilling

too wet just after refilling converter nib feed ink paper drops

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Bluey

Bluey

Somewhere between green and indigo

• Away
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 October 2017 - 19:19

That shouldn't be the case if you've succeeded in making the gap narrower.

Mediterranean blue, Asa Goa, China blue, Royal blue, Sapphire blue, Indigo, Washable Blue....the colours of the rainbow.

Sponsored Content

#22 3nding

3nding

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 October 2017 - 22:56

That shouldn't be the case if you've succeeded in making the gap narrower.

I followed sbrebrown's video: https://www.youtube....h?v=7vv0eSGR5Jw

But the tines don't seem to want to come any closer even though a can see a space between them. Also I am afraid of breaking something if I push any harder on them.

Any pro tips on how to do this properly?

#23 Bluey

Bluey

Somewhere between green and indigo

• Away
  • 1,961 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 October 2017 - 23:04

If you're at all worried, I wouldn't try it yourself any more. How I did was not too dissimilar from how Dr Brown did.

Mediterranean blue, Asa Goa, China blue, Royal blue, Sapphire blue, Indigo, Washable Blue....the colours of the rainbow.

#24 3nding

3nding

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 October 2017 - 23:13

If you're at all worried, I wouldn't try it yourself any more. How I did was not too dissimilar from how Dr Brown did.

I did practice on a Jinhao with pretty decent results so I will try it again and bring you the results (I think it should go pretty well). At least it's not the 146  :yikes:

#25 Old Salt

Old Salt

Old Salt

• Premium - Emerald

• 1,866 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:32

I have had this sort of issue when a converter was old and wouldn't hold the vacuum, thus not holding the ink in the converter.  Happened with Montblanc 144 and Waterman Laureat, probably others.  You might try using a cartridge or a newer converter to see if it makes a difference.   

Absolutely. Try a different converter, or two, as well as a cartridge. Note any differences before looking to the nib and feed.

#26 3nding

3nding

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:38

Absolutely. Try a different converter, or two, as well as a cartridge. Note any differences before looking to the nib and feed.

So I have reduced the ink flow fiddling with the tines. It still goes dry after writing for a while, but with a thinner line. It doesn't do this as much with a cartridge.

#27 minddance

minddance

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,508 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 12:14

I, on the other hand, am looking for wet pens. What pens are you using? Please recommend. I have come to the right place.

#28 Precise

Precise

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 November 2017 - 01:27

Wasteful or not you must soak the excess ink in the feed into a rag or paper towel.  

Alan

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: too, wet, just after, refilling, converter, nib, feed, ink, paper, drops

Sponsored Content

|