The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Pop Will Eat Itself: Daiso's New ¥500 Offering, The Rosso Bianco.

daiso rosso bianco jinhao x750

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MercianScribe

MercianScribe

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 October 2017 - 13:52

Here it is... a somewhat short review, with rather a lot of pics to tell the story. Rushing round Daiso, on the way out, noticed something somewhat familiar on the way to the checkout, snagged it for leisurely consideration later...

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you, the Rosso Bianco!

IMG_0373.JPG

IMG_0374.JPG

Nice sturdy matte black cardboard box.

IMG_0376.JPG

It says 'RB' for Rosso Bianco on the clip, see! And Rosso Bianco on the band!

IMG_0378.JPG

But wait... here's one I prepared earlier...!

IMG_0379.JPG

Twins!

IMG_0380.JPG

Comes with a slim cartridge, black, not b-b as it says on the box, of a variety I've never seen before. Might I guess it bears a passing resemblance to... a Jinhao cartridge?

IMG_0381.JPG

But does it do what it says on the tin (box)?

Attached Images

• IMG_0382.JPG

Hi, I'm Mat

This week's EDC: Pilot Penmanship (demo, B italic, Iroshizuku Old Man Winter/Pilot Blue mix), unknown lever-fill (BHR, super-flexy broad stub, Pilot Iroshizuku Shin Ryoku), Daiso (smokey demo Model H, F, generic black), Daiso (silver No11, reground cursive stub, Manuscript Cyan cartridge), Preppies (red, 0.2 and 0.2)

This week's home rotation: Watermans 12PSF two gold banded (noodle, Pilot Blue-Black)

Sponsored Content

#2 rwilsonedn

rwilsonedn

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,774 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 20:20

Nice spot! I love exploring Daiso to see what they have at the moment. It's been anything from a really nice low-end Sailor to a no-name Chinese pen that also was quite a nice writer to ... now this!

ron

#3 CheapFPGuy

CheapFPGuy

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 January 2018 - 10:46

So, if I understand correctly,it is a jinhao x750 with an EF nib? I NEED one of those because the x750s body Is great but I hate broad nibs.

#4 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 January 2018 - 04:46

So, if I understand correctly,it is a jinhao x750 with an EF nib? I NEED one of those because the x750s body Is great but I hate broad nibs.

Just buy a nemosine EF or knox or goulet EF nib. You're spoiled for choice when it comes to #6 nibs.

I personally think that red and gold finish on the 450/750 is one of my favorite fountain pen finishes ever, right up there with stacked celluloid used in my vacumatic and my old visconti divina metro.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: daiso, rosso bianco, jinhao x750

Sponsored Content

|