The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Pif: Glass Nib Project Pens

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 alexander_k

alexander_k

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 07:27

I've had them for years: two nameless vintage black pens with glass nibs that need new sacs but otherwise in good condition. Somehow they never managed to find the way to my repair desk, so I'd like to pass them on to someone who will restore and use them. So, if you can resac a pen and promise to keep it or PIF (not sell it), please send me a note and I'll send you a pen (not both). If by Saturday there are more than two interested members, the lucky ones will be drawn out of a hat and their pens will be sent on Monday. 

Sponsored Content

#2 Memory

Memory

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 October 2017 - 14:39

I was just learning about these types of pens on SBRE's sight. I would love to be considered for one! Thanks for the generous PIF

#3 DavidtheGnome

DavidtheGnome

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 October 2017 - 14:47

I'm very interested in trying a glass nib, and have someone in mind who can do the repair work.

#4 EbonitePen

EbonitePen

Inktolog

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 October 2017 - 21:10

I am an artist and I would really put a glass nibbed fountian pen to good use. I can restore it myself too. Please consider me. I am also in the EU.

#5 Feanaaro

Feanaaro

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 October 2017 - 05:06

I'd very gladly take one if I'd be so lucky.

#6 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,273 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 October 2017 - 19:39

I would love to try one as well.

If you see one of my posts and an image is missing, please copy the the URL or the link to the post and send me a PM (Private Message) so that I can upload the images. I changed hosting companies and not all of the images were uploaded.

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar?  

Get a chance to try out pens look at the TWSBI Loaners  and  Estie Loaners

Ink comparisons:  The Great PPS Comparison  366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks

Fountain pens are my PREFERRED ADVANCED COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas.

#7 alexander_k

alexander_k

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,277 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 06:47

Well, that's another PIF settled. Many thanks for your interest. The lucky winners have been notified. I wish them fun with the pens. 

Edited by alexander_k, 08 October 2017 - 06:47.

#8 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• 33,273 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 October 2017 - 18:10

Thank you, this is very generous.

If you see one of my posts and an image is missing, please copy the the URL or the link to the post and send me a PM (Private Message) so that I can upload the images. I changed hosting companies and not all of the images were uploaded.

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks

Fountain pens are my PREFERRED ADVANCED COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas.

#9 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• 33,273 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 November 2017 - 01:17

Alexander, I have wanted to tell you how much fun I have had with this pen and I haven't used it yet.  First I had a client come in and talk about uses for "old" stuff and the pen was a hot topic, then my kids came in and we got to do show and tell. Then I stared at it and drooled over it.  Finally, I sent to GWeimer who is restoring it for me.  I'll show it to you when it gets back.  THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

#10 alexander_k

alexander_k

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,277 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 13:33

That's the beauty of old stuff: lots to do with it, lots to discuss ... Enjoy. 

Sponsored Content

|