The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

L'artisan Pastellier Violet

lartisan pastellier

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 visvamitra

visvamitra

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,463 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 October 2017 - 19:57

L’Artisan Pastellier is french ink / calligraphy materials producers. They offer two lines of inks suitable for fountain pens: Callifolio (inks made for fountain pens, neutral PH and so on) and Encres Classiques.

bezc2a0tytuc582u.jpg?w=940

L’Artisan Pastellier inks don’t get much love or attention here. I understand this as they’re not easily obtainable. You may buy them directly from the producer’s on-line/stationery boutique.

L’Artisan Pastellier inks cab be bought in nice triangular glass bottles (40 ml), packs alu (60 ml) and small bottles (30 ml). 

fpn_1506973285__violet_callifolio_is.jpg

Violet is one of my favorite Callifolio inks. It wasn't the case since the beginning of our acqauintance but with time I started to appreciate it. As I received a sample from new batch (and there are always at least slight differences between the batches) I'll rereview it. The ink behaves very well although it has to be noted that it's a bit more difficult to clean from the pen than other Callifolio inks. It won't cause any issues some Noodler's or Private Reserve ink cause but it took me some time to fully clean my white Kaweco Classic Sport. I didn't try it in demonstrator pen so I have no idea if it would color the body permanently. I doubt but I won't promise that's the case.

The ink isn't strongly saturated - naturally, in wet pens the line will be quite strong, but the ink remains easy on the eyes. It doesn't pop out of the page. It has some sheen (mainly on Tomoe River paper) and some degree of water resistance.

Drops of ink on kitchen towel

fpn_1506973316__violet_callifolio_rk.jpg

Color ID

fpn_1506973934__violet_callifolio_midori

Color range

fpn_1506973949__violet_callifolio_midori

Field Notes, Kaweco Classic Sport, BB

fpn_1506973810__violet_callifolio_fn_1.j

fpn_1506973853__violet_callifolio_fn_2.j

Midori, Kaweco Classic Sport, BB

fpn_1506973875__violet_callifolio_midori

fpn_1506973900__violet_callifolio_midori

fpn_1506973917__violet_callifolio_midori

Maruman, Kaweco Classic Sport, BB

fpn_1506973964__violet_callifolio_maruma

fpn_1506973993__violet_callifolio_maruma

Tomoe river, Kaweco Classic Sport, BB

fpn_1506974024__violet_callifolio_tr_1.j

fpn_1506974057__violet_callifolio_tr_2.j

Water resistance

(after 50-60 seconds of soaking)

fpn_1506974078__violet_callifolio_h2o.jp

Sponsored Content

#2 namrehsnoom

namrehsnoom

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 October 2017 - 20:28

Great review of a great ink. I like this one a lot!

#3 crahptacular

crahptacular

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 October 2017 - 20:51

This is also one of my favorites from the Callifolio line, but I think your concerns about ease of cleaning are unfortunately well-founded.

I haven't had it stain a demonstrator (I rotate inks fairly frequently, so I rarely have major staining issues), but I've recently moved all of my Callifolio inks into new bottles, and the one which housed Violet previously was heavily coated in purple after a rinsing. In comparison, every other Callifolio ink I had cleaned out perfectly with just running water. In the end, some dish soap, vigorous shaking, and wiping with a paper towel was sufficient to clean out the glass bottle, but the eyedropper (also glass) that was built into the cap is permanently stained purple, as I don't have any tools to wipe the inside of the eyedropper. For reference, the ink had resided in that bottle for slightly over a year. So, to err on the side of caution, I'll reserve this ink for pens that are easily disassembled and cleaned.

Pictured below: the neck of the bottle, where I didn't clean very thoroughly, is still slightly stained; the eyedropper, which I couldn't clean, is very heavily stained (the bottle was in a similar state before cleaning).

fpn_1506977271__violet_staining.jpg

#4 Moonshae

Moonshae

Extremely Rare

• Member - Bronze

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 October 2017 - 22:52

Is this brand in any way related to the L'artisan perfumer? 

fpn_1497391483__snailbadge.png

#5 white_lotus

white_lotus

Caution: Absinthe Distiller with Ink

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,643 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 October 2017 - 23:10

That's quite a nice color. It being difficult to clean is a problem as that limits the pens I would use, but still it's good to see a nice color. btw, in the US it's quite easy to obtain the Callifolio inks from Vanness.

#6 ENewton

ENewton

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 01:16

The ink looks lovely.  I'm sorry to know that it stains.  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lartisan pastellier

Sponsored Content

|