The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Info About Pens/paper From And In China

information

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nefsigh

nefsigh

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 October 2017 - 06:00

Hi all. I fly away to China for 3 months tomorrow afternoon and since I collect pens and use lots of paper (artist) I was wondering if anyone had info as to pens to look for, papers to try, etc. I'll also be in Vietnam for 10 days at the end of the residency so if there are interesting pens/papers from that area, I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks and enjoy the Ohio Show--Will miss it this year. :-(

Sponsored Content

#2 Sefter

Sefter

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 October 2017 - 07:44

I can't help with paper, but I would love to hear back from you about pens! From what I have been able to glean, Hero brand is supposed to be very good. I have bought several and the ones available here do not seem to be of very good quality, so I would love to hear how you find the brand in China. Also Wing Sung is fast becoming my top brand of pen, so if there are any new models, especially piston fillers, that would be cool to hear about. Sorry I have not been able to help much with suggestions, but I hope others will chime in soon!

#3 Mech-for-i

Mech-for-i

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,054 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 October 2017 - 08:07

Obviously as an artist you should look for traditional Chinese paper which is used for ink ( not our kind of ink, nut traditional ink as used with brush ) calligraphy, painting, and all similar ones. They can be bought usually in an uncut roll, or pre cut realm. There is multitude of varieties ans they are generally avai in arts supply. As for pens, you would be better off shopping online. But seriously if you are going there, try to get yourself some traditional brush instead. Its not something one can easily get elsewhere 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: information

Sponsored Content

|