Early Hours Local Sunday Bazar Finds

mitto

Khan, the long history that you have with the vendors you buy from will out shine the fly by night buyers.

Ken

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mitto

• jslallar

• Liuna

• JotterAddict62

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am afraid I too have created lot of competitors for myself by disclosing my sources here. I get the news others are reaching out to my sources and offering more for this or that indiuidual pen. But they want to buy only their choice pen(s) while I buy lots as well parts. So I am still holding ground. :)

Thank you, Paul.

we are a country of 200 million plus, but i have yet to meet in person another FP collector

oh i have had the pleasure of meeting a few pen enthusiasts as i would call them, having a few pens (mostly MBs) and enjoying writing with ink, but no real collector who would know the diference between an aero and a vac if they were placed in his hands

so i guess till i visit karachi you can feel safe and continue your hunt :) :D

Enjoy your pens

Have a nice day

Junaid

Khan-Saab: I was told by a friend whose Grandparents live in Abbotabad, that there is a antique/second-hand shop there, which seems to have a stash of what he calls " "ink-pens" of the kind you like". From his description, the store is located near the Main Military Hospital in Abbotabad. Maybe you should pay them a visit, Khan-Saab.

Khan-Saab: I was told by a friend whose Grandparents live in Abbotabad, that there is a antique/second-hand shop there, which seems to have a stash of what he calls " "ink-pens" of the kind you like". From his description, the store is located near the Main Military Hospital in Abbotabad. Maybe you should pay them a visit, Khan-Saab.

Thank you, Wolverine1 for the tip off. :)

I have a friend residing in Abbotabad. Actually a subordinate officer where I worked before retirement. I would talk to him and ask him to locate the shop for me and make sure the owner still has that 'ink pen stash' before I pay a visit.

Khan M. Ilyas

we are a country of 200 million plus, but i have yet to meet in person another FP collector

oh i have had the pleasure of meeting a few pen enthusiasts as i would call them, having a few pens (mostly MBs) and enjoying writing with ink, but no real collector who would know the diference between an aero and a vac if they were placed in his hands

so i guess till i visit karachi you can feel safe and continue your hunt :) :D

:)

Khan M. Ilyas

• 4 weeks later...

Khan saheb !keep it up and continue to make us envious .

Thank you, Dr. Sahib. You don't have to be envious. Tell me what pen(s) do you want and give me your mailing address and contact number and then be ready to receive parcel after parcel. :)

Khan M. Ilyas

How??? I go across the great USA....

I can't find Jack $#*!.

Lucky man...

Very lucky Genab.

Enjoy your pens!!

How??? I go across the great USA....

I can't find Jack $#*!.

Lucky man...

Very lucky Genab.

Enjoy your pens!!

:)

Thank you, AL01.

Khan M. Ilyas

I went to an antique shop a friend suggested after I brought up fountain pens :-) She visits them from time to time with 19 year old son.

I went there and found this one Parker fountain pen (and some Jotter ballpoints, one is USA made with IN code, so I think it's from 1979.)

Can you tell me what type it is? Haven't met one with yellow semi transparent converter(?) so far. On the tip there is a circle in which a goat seems to be jumping with two mountaintops behind, and 585 was written below it. Maybe the nib got replaced, no Parker was on it. The seller estimated it to be from 60-70s. Its cap ring has came off, but it's there, but it's not fix. Also found a capped nib one, reminding me of an 51, but no engraving was on its cap and the trim is broken. It has an unscrewable end cap. Didn't buy them for now, but they are nice.

post-139491-0-99330800-1510755261_thumb.jpg

post-139491-0-22844700-1510755499_thumb.jpg

post-139491-0-30029100-1510755840_thumb.jpg

post-139491-0-38644500-1510755863_thumb.jpg

Edited by Liuna

So where is the yellow converter? The cap looks to be Parker but the pen seems to be a piston fill and I don't think Parker ever produced a piston fill pen. Would you be able to upload some clear detailed pictures?

Edited by mitto

Khan M. Ilyas

So where is the yellow converter? The cap looks to be Parker but the pen seems to be a piston fill and I don't think Parker ever produced a piston fill pen. Would you be able to upload some clear detailed pictures?

That's all I took. The yellow part is above the nib, I could have mistaken it for a converter, I apologize. So apart from the cap it isn't really Parker-like, right? Edited by Liuna

I cant say anything. The pen in the first picture has open nib while the one in the other pictures has hooded nib. Did you buy more than one pen?

Edited by mitto

Khan M. Ilyas

I cant say anything. The pen in the earlier picture has open nib while this one has hooded nib. Did you buy more than one pen?

No I didn't buy any, just took photos of them and looked at them from closer. And these were the most Parker like. The other Parkers were Jotter BPs. Also found non Parkers, both bp-s and fountain pens.

The discolored transparent part in the barrel of the pen is an ink window and not a converter. The pen should have a blind cap at the end of the barrel. You unscrew that blind cap to fill the pen. I don't know anything about the pen that has the hooded nib. May be someone else chime in who would know about that pen.

Also, the clip on the cap looks Parker while the cap band is not Parker. Honestly, I can't see the lower part of the cap - the cap lips. The cap band looks to be loosely fit into the cap and there looks grooves/channels on the cap indicating its own bands have fallen away.

Edited by mitto

Khan M. Ilyas