The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

What Sheaffer Pen Are You Using Today?

sheaffer

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 gregamckinney

gregamckinney

he's just this guy, you know?

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,204 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:19

A black PFM III with a EF-F nib that I picked up from Sherrell Tyree at the Colorado Pen Show this last weekend.  It is filled with Akkerman #8, also from the show.

Sherrell is one of my favorite people in the pen world.  She sold me this PFM-II a few LA Shows ago.  It is one of my top 5 pens in my entire collection.  I think I'll ink it up today.

pfm_2_gray.jpg

(the nib was a B which I had stubbed)

Best Regards, greg

Edited by gregamckinney, 11 October 2017 - 09:20.

Don't feel bad. I'm old; I'm meh about most things.

Sponsored Content

#22 TheMajestic

TheMajestic

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:36

A black PFM III with a EF-F nib that I picked up from Sherrell Tyree at the Colorado Pen Show this last weekend.  It is filled with Akkerman #8, also from the show.

Ah that's nice. I live in the same city as PW Akkerman, so I have a fair amount of Akkerman inks myself. I got my other pen inked up with their #9.

#23 keybers

keybers

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 October 2017 - 11:12

Sheaffer Intensity in "cornflower" color (just posted a review of it).

sheaffer_intensity_cornflower_1.jpg

#24 TerryB

TerryB

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 November 2017 - 20:33

Using what I believe to be Sheaffer Fashion 1 in stainless steel. I bought it new many years ago ago and stopped using it when Sheaffer stopped supplying the slim cartridges as I had lost the convertor. Just managed to buy a new convertor from a lovely person on Ebay at a reasonabl price!!

This pen is a superb writer and it is great to have it back in service.

Terry

#25 pkotrcka

pkotrcka

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 November 2017 - 20:19

My new Lady Skripsert 

IMG_20171103_205751.jpg

... I believe in purple ink

#26 Aquaria

Aquaria

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 November 2017 - 22:57

My piano-finish white Sheaffer Integrity with an F nib that's inked up with good old Skrip Blue. I got it for, I think $20+ shipping during a closeout sale at Goldspot. It's my first 'modern' Sheaffer, and I really like it. A bit heavy, thanks to being lacquered metal, especially when posted with the engraved chrome cap, but it's a super-smooth writer and puts down just the right amount of ink, at least by my standards.

This one will definitely get a lot of use.

Next up will be my new Sagaris, also an F nib, in the brushed chrome.. Also a closeout acquisition, from iPenstore.

Looks like Sheaffer is really whittling back their FP line now.

#27 LokiOS

LokiOS

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 November 2017 - 05:57

In my collection more than forty Sheaffer pens (it is not very much). And this is my favorite pens. Now in using Sheaffer PFM III "Fine" (Black), Sheaffer Imperial IV "Medium" (Black) and Sheaffer 1000 Dolphin "Medium"

Attached Images

• Sheaffer_PFM_III-and-Imperial_IV.jpg
  • Dolphin_1000--002-1.jpg

My best regards
Oleg (Loki.OS)

#28 georges zaslavsky

georges zaslavsky

vintageandmodernpenslover

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,078 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 November 2017 - 04:27

Sheaffer Triumph Autograph

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

#29 hari317

hari317

Classic

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,901 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 November 2017 - 06:49

A 12k GF Imperial 777 that I bought NOS sometime in 2004 in Mumbai from a B&M store. Long diamond inlaid nib, F. Wonderful old world pen. Love it.

fpn_1510296478__doc00278820171116120753.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

#30 sanesangowdayya

sanesangowdayya

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 November 2017 - 20:56

Got this in the mail and sac'd it up promptly. Sheaffer balance ring top, the smaller size, with the best color I've personally handled.

Attached Images

• 6522232003486370265 (1).jpg

#31 Minty

Minty

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 22:19

Sheaffer Imperial with M nib.  Bought it in Richmond, Va. in 1973 for $5.00 American with my 1st post-college, post-Army, real-job pay-check.  Have fed it Sheaffer ink only & never a problem through thousands & thousands of pages & letters.  I use it & carry it on an almost daily basis.  Don't know how to post a photo.  

Thanks for asking.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sheaffer

Sponsored Content

|